By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5 games only with DualSense controller? I found a workaround!

DonFerrari said:
SvennoJ said:

I already bought 2 extra Dualsense controllers, feels like a good quality controller. I wish I could use them on ps4. Apparently they do work on the ps3 so no need to use DS4 on ps3 anymore lol.

Yep, my two problems at the moment with DS is that I can't use it on PS4 and the battery is tooks a lot less to be zeroed.

And my real concern is seeing that Sony already got class lawsuit because of the analogues so it is quite possible mine will be bad not to long in use.

But yes I liked the control and with promotions I was able to get it for a reasonable price and since I have kids yes 2 controls is kinda minimal I need.

My main annoyance is that they all use different cables, mini USB, micro USB, USB-C. USB-C looks promising so far, DS3 and DS4 both have problems with the charge port getting 'loose' over time. It's just the move controllers I need mini USB for now, since both DS4 and DS5 work on ps3.

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:
DonFerrari said:

Yep, my two problems at the moment with DS is that I can't use it on PS4 and the battery is tooks a lot less to be zeroed.

And my real concern is seeing that Sony already got class lawsuit because of the analogues so it is quite possible mine will be bad not to long in use.

But yes I liked the control and with promotions I was able to get it for a reasonable price and since I have kids yes 2 controls is kinda minimal I need.

My main annoyance is that they all use different cables, mini USB, micro USB, USB-C. USB-C looks promising so far, DS3 and DS4 both have problems with the charge port getting 'loose' over time. It's just the move controllers I need mini USB for now, since both DS4 and DS5 work on ps3.

That is true, I hardly play while on wire, but my son do and a lot, and yes he damages micro USB like once every two months.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

twintail said:

I didn't realise you were from 2023. 

Honestly, the Dualsense is being used far more frequently in 3rd party games than I think anyone would have guessed it would've been. I think @SvennoJ is right: forcing the Dualsense means that developers need to develop games with that controller in mind, which in turn means wider adoption of it's features, which in turn becomes a selling point for multiplatform game choice. Not all games are going to be bangers when it comes to the use of features like haptics and adaptive triggers, due in part to devs rarely having to consider such features in the past, but this doesn't mean that devs aren't going to get it right.

Yeah, so far its rare to see a third party game that doesn't utilize Dualsense features, than ones that actually do. Compared to the Switch rumble, or Dualshock 4, Dualsense features are getting substantially more support, and the critical praise it gets from exceptional implementation is something that the Dualshock or Switch controller never got. 

SvennoJ said:
DonFerrari said:

You might consider something like this:

those little nubs (dongle) fit in the micro usb port and have two connection points in them for charging.  You just leave them in all the time and there is no wear and tear on the port when you charge them.  Just make sure you find one with the dongle, most of the chargers in that style just have a male version of the port built in and the wear and tear with those is worse than with a cable due to seating them at an angle or pulling them off at an angle.

Last edited by The_Yoda - on 10 November 2021

The_Yoda said:

those little nubs (dongle) fit in the micro usb port and have two connection points in them for charging.  You just leave them in all the time and there is no wear and tear on the port when you charge them.  Just make sure you find one with the dongle, most of the chargers in that style just have a male version of the port built in and the wear and tear with those is worse than with a cable due to seating them at an angle or pulling them off at an angle.

I have Netdot magnetic cables with magnetic dongles for almost all of my devices with USB-C, Micro-USB and lightning ports. I love them!

Around the Network
Conina said:
The_Yoda said:

I have Netdot magnetic cables with magnetic dongles for almost all of my devices with USB-C, Micro-USB and lightning ports. I love them!

Wow that's really neat

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

If only I know about this a while back, would have saved so much time.

Conina said:
The_Yoda said:

Yeah those are nice, my controllers charge right in front of the TV so cable management makes the dock a better fit for me.  I've seen those style cables before but have as yet to pick them up.