By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - This whole year my Switch and PS4 library have been growing immensely , I wonder what Microsoft can do to attract Japanese AA and japanese Indie devs ?

Xbox used to be abit lacking not just in jrpgs but rpgs in general.
That is going to be fixed though, after they bought bethesda. RPGs will come.

That said..... Im not sure how much they care for anime style characters.

dx11332sega said:

.....make gamepass have 700 games 400 western EA+ Microsoft own games (The xbox crowd ) and 300 japanese games for gamers like me?

That is not going to ever happend.
Doubt most gamepass users would want that too.
Most complaints I see/hear, is there too few AAA high meta score games there.
If they add more smaller budget japanese style games, likely all you would hear is people complain about it.

Around the Network

"Build your own gamepass" sounds like the go...

That way you can add "genres" like Western-RPG, FPS, Strategy, JRPG, MMO and so forth... Think of the bucks.

Need publishers onboard to make it happen...

Although, absolutely not for me. I like physical game collecting unless it's PC... As then I can bring my game library forwards.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:

"Build your own gamepass" sounds like the go...

That way you can add "genres" like Western-RPG, FPS, Strategy, JRPG, MMO and so forth... Think of the bucks.

Need publishers onboard to make it happen...

Although, absolutely not for me. I like physical game collecting unless it's PC... As then I can bring my game library forwards.

It's not there yet, but Amazon tries to make Luna work as a subscription service with multiple game channels to choose from. Each channel has its own monthly fee so you can pick whichever you want. For now though the selection is very limited (only the base Luna sub and Ubisoft's iirc, and I don't even know if they'll categorise the channels based on their genres in the future).

So currently, the best way to make our own personalised Game Pass is to buy the games we want.

In TGS Phil said that Microsoft is working with multiple independent Japanese devs through their ID@Xbox program. Sometimes, games supported on this program also come out on Game Pass (and recently, they release day one on Game Pass), so we may see a lot of Japanese games in the future.

dx11332sega said:

Japanese AA with high metacritic 

The house in fata has a 97 metacritic score.

Etc switch has alot of great japanese games AA , A and indie.

Put these in japanese gamepass package, I'd pay it.

Really wanna try.

If you own a switch couldnt you just get it there?

Legend of Heroes is fantastic btw, and you can play it, on pc,ps4,switch, even stadia.
atelier ryza ever darkness is on steam, ps4, ect as well.

Doki Doki literature club, house of fata morgana, sakuna.... all look abit meh (imo), and I really doubt these would see much play on gamepass if there.

Atelier and Legend of Heroes games, are worth a buy.
These devs make fantastic games, and should be supported.

Around the Network

There is just so much you can do at a given time. So they are going where they think there is more public. And well it is also easier to go to Sega and get several noteworthy AAA or even little smaller titles than go to dozen of smaller studios to get one title from each. Plus it is also easier to negotiate the money paid on a bigger package than several individual ones.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

JRPGfan said:
dx11332sega said:

Japanese AA with high metacritic 

The house in fata has a 97 metacritic score.

Etc switch has alot of great japanese games AA , A and indie.

Put these in japanese gamepass package, I'd pay it.

Really wanna try.

If you own a switch couldnt you just get it there?

Legend of Heroes is fantastic btw, and you can play it, on pc,ps4,switch, even stadia.
atelier ryza ever darkness is on steam, ps4, ect as well.

Doki Doki literature club, house of fata morgana, sakuna.... all look abit meh (imo), and I really doubt these would see much play on gamepass if there.

Atelier and Legend of Heroes games, are worth a buy.
These devs make fantastic games, and should be supported.

I would say that is exactly his complain. PS and Switch, and even PC have much more smaller japanese titles than XBox. MS is working on have more japanese titles using the GP paying the devs to port, but that haven`t reached A and AA tier games yet for him.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."