By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Tales of Arise has already sold over 1 million copies (not even 10 days old).

Around the Network

Not surprised at all. I already called before release; Arise is gonna put Tales series off that niche Japanese thing to something more global.

Quote from like 8days ago (metacritic score thread):

JRPGfan said:

You can tell they put abit more effort into this one as well. Hopefully it goes onto sell better for it, devs should be rewarded for good showings.

Not surprised, sadly not close to being one of the series' better games so far.

Xxain said:

Not surprised at all. I already called before release; Arise is gonna put Tales series off that niche Japanese thing to something more global.

Hopefully they keep it up with future Tales games.  I was a huge Symphonia and Vesperia fan, and than Xillia through Berseria were okay to good game but not great game. I haven't pick up Arise yet but plan to soon.  I enjoyed the demo.

Around the Network

Good to see all the budget and effort they put on this one paid off, I've heard mostly good things about it so I'll definitely be getting it somewhere down the line.

*reads title*

That's what happens with a 1 day gap worldwide release rather than the usual 5-6 month later after Japan release for this series. It did it in 7 days.

JRPGfan said:

Quote from like 8days ago (metacritic score thread):

JRPGfan said:

You can tell they put abit more effort into this one as well. Hopefully it goes onto sell better for it, devs should be rewarded for good showings.

Yep you can just see the effort they put in and it's great. I still think Vesperia might be slightly better but I don't know it's very close. I wont be able to make up my mind until I beat it at this point.

What are some lifetime sales of other tales games for comparison? Will be interesting to see how many this can surpass.
Also, it seems the PC version is doing really well. Would be foolish for a third party dev to ignore PC's this day and age.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Wow that's good for the series i do like the Tales of Games. This is on my to get list.