By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RUMOR: Final Fantasy IX Remake, Chrono Cross and Final Fantasy Tactics remasters in development.

Kakadu18 said:

I don't see why they would remaster Chrono Cross before Chrono Trigger.
Also so much other stuff on that list was completely unrealistic and nonsensical that I don't believe any of this. And why would they make a spiritual successor to FF Tactis with Project Triangle Strategy only to then remaster FF Tactics itself.

They're making FFVII Remake right now, there's like two more parts coming. If true FFIX Remake most likely wouldn't even be in development yet.

1. You can't remaster games before PS. 

2. Is Project Triangle a successor? Why would SE make a spiritual successor to FF tactics with a game that would not garner half the attention of something with FF in the title? 

FF9 was not made by the old guard team (Kitase, Nomura). It was made by another team. If it is in development, it again, will be by a different team

Around the Network
Xxain said:

FF9 was not made by the old guard team (Kitase, Nomura). It was made by another team. If it is in development, it again, will be by a different team

I agree that if an FF9 remake is in the works, it's probably being made by a completely different team from the one that's making the FF7 remakes. I'm mostly just curious about FF9 not being made the old guard, when people like Hironobu Sakaguchi, Nobuo Uematsu, and Hiroyuki Ito were some of the main names behind it. This is all just semantics though. If any of these games are indeed being remade/remastered, which I would still not quite belief at this point, I'd welcome them all without question.

Leynos said:

I don't believe it for a second. Not only that after FF7R the last thing I want is for them to reimagine it in chunks that take 35 years to complete. I'm Fairly sure about Titanfall 3 has been shot down a couple of years ago esp with Apex. So this all sounds like a fans wishlist and that's exactly why it's total BS.

The only way to see it is similar to the Mana remake.

Would be great if true.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I'd rather they remake the all time great game that its Chrono Trigger than to even touch or do anything with CC.
Wouldnt complain about a FFIX remake and FFT remasters tho. That sounds awesome.

Around the Network

Is Chrono Trigger still not on the Switch? Or did it come with the online service's VC? Weird to see Chrono Cross without any word of Chrono Trigger.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

FF9 is the remake I wanted.