By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - My 360 just died in the weirdest way

RRoD sucks. I'm on my third 360 right now. Thing is... I still only paid for ONE 360 and two weeks of my life without a console aside... I don't see the big issue. I'll gladly take these problems to have access to the game library I pesonally like best.

I don't know why yours did that though, is odd. I get three red lights if the power goes out in a storm but when I restart it's fine.

I will admit I'm skeptical about moving the system around too much which is the opposite of Xbox 1 where I would take it to my friends house 3 times a week.

Around the Network
mrstickball said:
Zen -

Or you forget about Falcons, right? The ones that are more reliable than the shoddy 40gb models?

Or would you prefer to mind your own business in your own forum, since your really not a 360 supporter, and a typical Sony troll?

spartan - RRoD happens for any, and no reason. Mine RRoDed when I attempted to play PD0 over a year ago. Get yours replaced with the new Falcon, and never worry about RROD again!

Zenfolder is anything but a Sony troll. Did you even read his post fully?

"I know, I know, PS3 sucks right now."

As for minding his own business, there is nothing stopping him from posting his opinions in other forums. Stop trying to bully him out of the 360 forum just because his views differ from yours. Xbox360 fans like Starcraft and Selnor spend most of their time posting in the Sony forums, yet you hear no complaints about them from other mods.

As for the Falcon, it does RROD, there have been cases of it: http://n4g.com/xbox360/News-71365.aspx

So should he really not fear it again?

PooperScooper said:
CaptainPrefrences said:
@ PooperScooper

Oh in that case then two people I know who get a 360 during Christmas got the rrod. The falcons really help.

Just because they got the console in Dec. doesn't mean the console was made after Oct. I'd suggest looking for that date. Consoles can stay in warehouses/stores for months before being sold to someone.

Don't forget about Microsofts "shortages"

llewdebkram said:
The £40 extended warranty on ours has been very good value for money.

2 x new controllers
1 x new power pack
1 x RROD after standard warranty expired.

The only extended warranty I've ever purchased that I haven't felt was a total rip off.

How can your RROD warranty possibly have expired if the 360 hasn't been out for 3 years yet? Did you get one before launch? ;)

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

It's the lead free solder used in the boards, I'm an electronics student and have extensive soldering experience and i have found that the lead free solder is the worst thing to solder with ever! I would rather get lead poisoning from the old 60/40 lead based solder than this crappy new stuff. And guess what, the lead free solder is what is being used in the 360's and often when you solder with the new stuff you get cold joints which tend to be extremely brittle and have a tendency to break causing circuits to be opened rendering the system nonoperational.

Kickin' Those Games Old School.       -       201 Beaten Games And Counting

Around the Network
Dallinor said:

As for the Falcon, it does RROD, there have been cases of it: http://n4g.com/xbox360/News-71365.aspx

So should he really not fear it again?

Not every Halo edition 360 came with the Falcon chipset. Halos produced in early/mid-August were Zephyrs. Halo's produced 8/24/2007 and later were Falcons.

Gnizmo said:
CaptainPrefrences said:

Im really sure that happend.

Even if it did, thats nothing compared to the rrod..

It actually did, believe it or not. Given 2/3rds of my friends that got it at launch can also be said as 2 out of the 3 people I know who got a launch PS3. We got a really shitty batch of launch PS3s down here for whatever random reasons. One gamestop had everyone of their PS3s returned as defective, which was all of like 4 units. One of my friends at best buy claimed 10 of the 50 units they sold were returned as well. It was a localized statistical anamoly that has no meaning in anything beyond a one time coincidence. That is exactly the same as you critisizing the Falcon models based on 2 cases you happen to know of. Without any form of proof you are just being an obnoxious troll.

Ok. What the hell was wrong with it then?

Considering i hear people whine about Microsoft having shortages, I expect every 360 sold at the stores now to be a bloody falcon, so no excuses there. And only fanboys would say that falcons don't RRoD, its a known fact that it still happens, just at a lower frequency! So he's not entirely safe getting a new 360.
Sure he can wait to get the new model coming out, or take his chances with another 360, but he's better off with a PS3 =P

odds are still that it wont rrod

Hello World

it's really easy decision about what to do next,,,send it to MS to get it fixed,,If the wait and whole experience does not matter to you keep playing it untill the 3 years are over then sell it .

If the experience of sending it back /waiting and dealing with MS is not what you like to go throgh one more time,get it fixed and when it come back sell it on ebay or craigslist and get wii or PS3.

and hey we are both greek warriors (spartan) lol ,so listen to your clan mate ;)