By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - My 360 just died in the weirdest way

mrstickball said:

spartan - RRoD happens for any, and no reason.

Oh there is a very good reason for the RRoD, but you probably don't want to hear it ;)

Around the Network
mrstickball said:

spartan - RRoD happens for any, and no reason. Mine RRoDed when I attempted to play PD0 over a year ago. Get yours replaced with the new Falcon, and never worry about RROD again!

I'd still worry about RRoD even with a falcon....maybe with jasper we won't have to worry. 

CaptainPrefrences said:
@ mrstickball

My cousin just got a 360 3 weeks ago, and it got the rrod, not surprisingly. His 360 must have had the falcon chip in it right? They really help.

There is a date on it that tells you what month and year it was made. You can look for that... I think they started putting falcons in them in October 07

@ PooperScooper

Oh in that case then two people I know who get a 360 during Christmas got the rrod. The falcons really help.

CaptainPrefrences said:
@ PooperScooper

Oh in that case then two people I know who get a 360 during Christmas got the rrod. The falcons really help.

Just because they got the console in Dec. doesn't mean the console was made after Oct. I'd suggest looking for that date. Consoles can stay in warehouses/stores for months before being sold to someone.

Around the Network

But isnt the failure rate 16 percent? I heard that from recent reports.

16 percent of 18 million is approx 2.8 million. This might be wrong im bad at math

Microsoft made i die i tells ya!!! its all a conspiracy!!!!!

CaptainPrefrences said:
@ PooperScooper

2/3rds of the people I know who got a PS3 at launch had to return it due to hardware defects. PS3 hardware must be horrible! Wait, thats not it. I am just using anecdotal evidence to troll! I wonder where I got the idea from...

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Gnizmo said:
CaptainPrefrences said:
@ PooperScooper

2/3rds of the people I know who got a PS3 at launch had to return it due to hardware defects. PS3 hardware must be horrible! Wait, thats not it. I am just using anecdotal evidence to troll! I wonder where I got the idea from...

Im really sure that happend.

Even if it did, thats nothing compared to the rrod..

The £40 extended warranty on ours has been very good value for money.

2 x new controllers
1 x new power pack
1 x RROD after standard warranty expired.

The only extended warranty I've ever purchased that I haven't felt was a total rip off.