By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What if the next Nintendo console is not the "Switch 2"?

victor83fernandes said:
OneTime said:

Nintendo should just concentrate on making games for a couple more years. The existing hardware is just fine for running the sort of games their customers crave... People who want a powerful console will just go and buy a PS5 anyway (oh wait a second - no they can't)

At that point maybe the chip shortage will be over and technology will have moved on, allowing Nintendo's next hardware to leapfrog PS5/XBox. In the meantime, battery upgrades, cosmetic upgrades and maybe a price cut will do everything necessary to keep the Switch fresh.

I have both the ps5, PC and switch, I'd take the switch over the ps5 any day, first of all because I have all games for free, then because graphics arent everything, switch actually has better games such as splatoon 2, pikmin 3, mario kart 8, mario odyssey, monster hunter rise, xenoblades, etc, all those games look and play beautiful, there's no need for stronger hardware, just bring me pikmin 4, my most wanted game ever and they are taking too long.

Was that other post about everything on the Switch being bad and not worth any money because it's not in 4K trolling or what?

Around the Network

Most likely it'll just be a next gen hybrid with the same "switch" concept, but they'll add some new concept in cuz it's Nintendo. I don't have a clue what this new concept will be, but as sure as I am that in a few years we'll get a next gen hybrid Switch successor, I'm also sure there's gonna be some sort of new concept or gimmick as people like calling these things. The only thing I can think of is to allow it to do VR somehow, but I'm not sure how that'd work cuz I'm pretty sure just sliding a screen into a helmet is a far inferior VR experience to actually having screens custom made into a headset for VR.

CaptainExplosion said:
victor83fernandes said:

I am 100% sure its not gonna be called Switch 2. I can bet any money on it.

Nintendo has never ever named a console with a number, its always been super or U or something like that.

And yet Sony's done that for years no problem, especially when the second one was successful for playing DVDs rather than on the merit of it's library. =P

What if they named it the Super Switch?

You might have trouble understanding English, read again my comment, Nintendo is not Sony.

DroidKnight said:
victor83fernandes said:

Nintendo has never ever named a console with a number, its always been super or U or something like that.

Nintendo 64

Good one, but thats still not a numbered console, it was not the 64th Nintendo console, the name was because of 64bits.

So my point is, the next console could well be named Switch 4K or switch 1440 or something like that, but never will be Switch 2.

CaptainExplosion said:
victor83fernandes said:

And yet Sony's done that for years no problem, especially when the second one was successful for playing DVDs rather than on the merit of it's library. =P

What if they named it the Super Switch?

It could be super switch, its actually catchy, but that wont be the name either, because Nintendo has already used the word Super on another console. It could be Switch Plus, or Switch X, or Switch 4K, or Switch Ultra etc

Around the Network
Agente42 said:

The only way Nintendo crazy Ivan lands is if Nintendo can bring a Nintendo hybrid with a hologram tactile sensor. 

I believe will see more innovations on the Hybrid side, better batteries, screen, and DLSS on full force. 

WOW Crazy Ivan I remember the game on PS1

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Kakadu18 said:
victor83fernandes said:

I have both the ps5, PC and switch, I'd take the switch over the ps5 any day, first of all because I have all games for free, then because graphics arent everything, switch actually has better games such as splatoon 2, pikmin 3, mario kart 8, mario odyssey, monster hunter rise, xenoblades, etc, all those games look and play beautiful, there's no need for stronger hardware, just bring me pikmin 4, my most wanted game ever and they are taking too long.

Was that other post about everything on the Switch being bad and not worth any money because it's not in 4K trolling or what?

What are you on? Who ever said switch was bad or not worth the money? Who is trolling? Do you even understand English? Me and the other post were praising Nintendo actually and that theres no need at all for better hardware at least for now, switch is great as it is, we just want more games that's all.

Slownenberg said:

Most likely it'll just be a next gen hybrid with the same "switch" concept, but they'll add some new concept in cuz it's Nintendo. I don't have a clue what this new concept will be, but as sure as I am that in a few years we'll get a next gen hybrid Switch successor, I'm also sure there's gonna be some sort of new concept or gimmick as people like calling these things. The only thing I can think of is to allow it to do VR somehow, but I'm not sure how that'd work cuz I'm pretty sure just sliding a screen into a helmet is a far inferior VR experience to actually having screens custom made into a headset for VR.

Thats the kind of thinking Nintendo would do, I completely agree with you, some sort of VR without the helmet. Just like they did 3d without the glasses. Could be.I hope it wont be as I dont need any of that, but Ill be happy if they can bring original games.

victor83fernandes said:
Kakadu18 said:

What are you on? Who ever said switch was bad or not worth the money? Who is trolling? Do you even understand English? Me and the other post were praising Nintendo actually and that theres no need at all for better hardware at least for now, switch is great as it is, we just want more games that's all.

Let me quote you from the other thread about Nintendo being "out of touch":

"Games on Nintendo are not worth full price, because they cant compare graphically and performance wise to the competition, I didnt want a portable, I dont have time to play portable, I only play when I get home, so the switch is severely underpowered compared to my ps5 and even my xbox one X, why would I pay 70 euros for a game on switch in 1080p or less, that is available for 40 euros on the other consoles in 4k?

Disappointing games, the only brand new first party game worth full price is Mario odyssey for the whole generation. Breath of the wild doesn't count as its the exact same as the wiiU, the rest are ports that look no better than the wiiU, or overpriced remasters, or terrible remakes such as link to the past which is not even worth my time, let alone any money. There's no new pikmin, no new wave race, no new 3d donkey kong, no new mario kart, no new zelda, no new metroid prime, no new star fox, and other games such as smash bros, mario tennis, yoshi etc are nowhere near worth full price because they didnt change much from previous versions, its basically copy and paste, with hd graphics."

You call this praise?

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9315037

God I hope they don't tie down their next system by focusing on VR, it's such a lame gimmick.