By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Things about gaming that make people mad but you actually don't care

LGBTQ+ representation on video games....

like go read the bible instead.

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

3) Openly including politics in the game. I actually LIKE when devs insert politics in games. If I disagree with the instances and points made in the game I can still appreciate the way they were portrayed if I don't find it intellectually offensive (AKA dumb)

I don't have a strong opinion on this, just wanna point out that a lot of things that have "forced politics" on them according to internet people, really don't... like, people think having a black character in a game is politics. I don't know what happened with politics but we seem to have gone back at least some 50 years if that's the kind of stuff that sparks debate. Politics should be a thing where there are two sides, two different but equally reasonable ways to do things, not some clear black and white good vs. evil deal. But that's where we are now, I suppose. "Right wing" is basically a nice way of saying "prejudiced asshole" these days.

So, uhh.

Back to the topic at hand, I can think of one overall one and a couple of game-specific ones.

- Not having easy fast travel or having it at all. I don't care for fast travel generally, I'm happy when a game wants me to learn its world and find the best methods of traversing it. If a game not having fast travel makes it boring, it's because the game failed at making movement fun. In those cases fast travel can help, but it's just putting tape over the issue instead of actually fixing it.

- In Pokémon, everyone seems to hate all the games that don't have too much post-game content. It feels like people value only the post-game content as if everything else in the game doesn't exist. Like, if you get a 5-hour campaign with 10 hours of post-game, people think that's better than a 30-hour campaign with 5 hours of post-game. I don't care about how good the post-game is, for me it's just a bonus.

- Morgana. People hate him because he forces you to do things. If there was no Morgana the game would still force you to do the same things, people just hate him because he's the face attached to it. Either way, I think he's a really great and well-written character.

I have never seen anyone complain about having a black character in a game, but I guess you were exaggerating a little. However, there's been a lot of political whining about *not* having black characters in games, even in ones where they would be totally out of place because of the context.

I agree with you about the other thing, though. Politics is not about right or wrong, but opposing views and making compromises so that optimal outcomes can be achieved.

Even i owned Xbox Series X, PS5 and RTX 3060. I still buy Switch games more:

- I'm fine with playing ~30fps on latest games.

- I'm fine with late ports with downgraded graphics and locked 30fps.

- I'm fine with buying re-released remaster games at any price.

- I'm fine with chibi, cel-shaded+outlines and diorama art style.

Oh and cross-gen games? I don't care, not a huge loss for me.