By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ghost of Tsushima - Review of Not the Director's Cut!

Remember when you had to pay for PS4 Pro upgraded games? Or when you had to pay for Xbox One X upgraded games? Of course you don't, and that's why I've decided to skip the PS5 upgrade and just stick with the PS4 BC version. I'd like to avoid supporting corporate greed when I can!

The full written version can be read here: http://zyro-eg.com/2021/07/08/ghost-of-tsushima-review/

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!
^^/
Around the Network

Good honest review, also glad you see the corporate greed being used here as well.

Azzanation said:

Good honest review, also glad you see the corporate greed being used here as well.

Thanks!

And yea, I hate it when companies start thinking they can take advantage of their loyal fanbase and start charging little bits here and there, raising prices, etc. When they do this, it's solely ONLY when they're winning and usually are a top market share, so you almost know this is exclusively because they figure "hey, we're so popular now, we can charge a little more!"  I can bet with 100% certainty that if Sony was in third place instead of first, they would have never bumped their PS5 first-party exclusives up by $10 nor pushed the market for it.  Moves like that don't come from the bottom, they always come from the top players, and the top players are the ones already making the money.

Corporate greed is bad.

^^/

That while you publish your videos on you tube that's rife with constant ads nowadays... Just because they can, since they're the top player. Just saying :p

Intro shots volume is too high. Mix them down a bit

Last edited by numberwang - on 10 July 2021

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:

That while you publish your videos on you tube that's rife with constant ads nowadays... Just because they can, since they're the top player. Just saying :p

That's quite a bit different, surely you know that YouTube doesn't cost anything to use or upload to (free to use), so their primary revenue comes from companies paying THEM to run ads, lol

Though, I'm not monetized, so you wouldn't be getting ads watching my videos (unless there's a copyright claim in which the claimant can play ads on the video and receive full revenue from them).  The only corporate greed there is that YouTube saw how much people hate ads, and you can pay for a no-ads experience... I'd rather just skip ads then pay, hahaha!

numberwang said:

Audi shots volume is too high. Mix them down a bit

Funnily enough, I've dropped the volume of the splash screen shots twice from feedback, it's already been dropped by 80% (yes, the original sound and sound file are THAT much louder!)

But I'll drop it another bit to, like, 16% (currently at 20%), though I'd say I'm not in the upper ranks of obnoxiously loud splash screens

^^/
ZyroXZ2 said:

Remember when you had to pay for PS4 Pro upgraded games? Or when you had to pay for Xbox One X upgraded games? Of course you don't, and that's why I've decided to skip the PS5 upgrade and just stick with the PS4 BC version. I'd like to avoid supporting corporate greed when I can!

The full written version can be read here: http://zyro-eg.com/2021/07/08/ghost-of-tsushima-review/

Thats because they didn't exist there was a policy of parity across those platforms, there weren't any Pro/One X versions,the only benefit gained was from playing on stronger hardware.

Last edited by mjk45 - on 09 July 2021

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

ZyroXZ2 said:
SvennoJ said:

That's quite a bit different, surely you know that YouTube doesn't cost anything to use or upload to (free to use), so their primary revenue comes from companies paying THEM to run ads, lol

Though, I'm not monetized, so you wouldn't be getting ads watching my videos (unless there's a copyright claim in which the claimant can play ads on the video and receive full revenue from them).  The only corporate greed there is that YouTube saw how much people hate ads, and you can pay for a no-ads experience... I'd rather just skip ads then pay, hahaha!

Time is money, unskippable adds cost time. I don't watch you tube videos with ads anymore, but at least yours are unaffected for now :)
Would you rather have ads during game play instead of paying $10 :p

Anyway, all corporations would like to get paid for work done, one way or the other.

You know that uBlock Origin exists?

The whole audio stream is leveled to 100% which is just too loud for a normal voice and effects. Let it peak at ca. 50% to avoid ear rape for headphone guys.