By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - I'm surprised my PC weak specs can run Tekken 7 using intel

Mr Puggsly said:
Pemalite said:

Only has a tiny fraction of the games though.

But man, the few it runs are mostly playable. People basically just need two devices. A Xbox One for the most demanding games ever created. And a low end PC to play point and click games.

Or just a PC that can simply run everything. All Xbox games release on PC anyway.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network
Pemalite said:
Mr Puggsly said:

But man, the few it runs are mostly playable. People basically just need two devices. A Xbox One for the most demanding games ever created. And a low end PC to play point and click games.

Or just a PC that can simply run everything. All Xbox games release on PC anyway.

Nah, a Series S. Cheap and runs Tekken 7. And some other less impressive games at 60 fps...

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

My 1060 in my laptop feels old but damn man that intel GPU seems worse than my 2012 backup Laptop in a drawer with an old 660M Nvidia.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Mr Puggsly said:
Pemalite said:

Nah, a Series S. Cheap and runs Tekken 7. And some other less impressive games at 60 fps...

Series S can't run 30+ years worth of games though... No optical disk drive for those with Xbox/Xbox 360/Xbox One physical games and only has a tiny 364GB of usable SSD space.
You also can't run older games at 4k which you could on a PC specced with the same specifications.

It's cheap for a reason and obviously the Op doesn't wish to spend the extra money, they would rather use the hardware they already have.

I don't think it's appropriate for you to be turning this into a Console vs PC derailed debate anyway.

Leynos said:

My 1060 in my laptop feels old but damn man that intel GPU seems worse than my 2012 backup Laptop in a drawer with an old 660M Nvidia.

The 1060 has definitely held it's own over the years, but it's definitely getting on in age, but it's still capable at 1080P.

Intel Integrated graphics tend to be the worst of the worst as far as graphics capabilities go, it's probably more of a testament to the Tekken developers than Intel on how well it runs.

ireadtabloids said:

Part of it is that you don’t have a dedicated graphics card/GPU. The integrated Intel GPU is weaker than GTX 660 and 750 Ti.

^ this.

Intel HD graphics 530 is really weak.
its basically not for gameing.

AMD has some APUs (3200/3400) that with fast dual channel ram (and slight igpu oc), can beat Geforce 1030's and go about equal to the 750ti.
Apart from those, you really dont want to be gameing on a igpu. Also even then, its usually just 900p-1080p, and low-medium settings.

In about a months time, the 5600G and 5700G are launching, so you can buy those (not just through OEMs).
With how crazy GPU prices are atm, honestly for low budgets, the 5600G looks attractive.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
ireadtabloids said:

Part of it is that you don’t have a dedicated graphics card/GPU. The integrated Intel GPU is weaker than GTX 660 and 750 Ti.

^ this.

AMD has some APUs (3200/3400) that with fast dual channel ram (and slight igpu oc), can beat Geforce 1030's and go about equal to the 750ti.
Apart from those, you really dont want to be gameing on a igpu. Also even then, its usually just 900p-1080p, and low-medium settings.

In about a months time, the 5600G and 5700G are launching, so you can buy those (not just through OEMs).
With how crazy GPU prices are atm, honestly for low budgets, the 5600G looks attractive.

Yeah. This pretty much sums it up.

Also part of the reason why IGP's are starting to beat the Geforce 1030 is pretty simple. Memory bandwidth.

The 1030 has 16.8GB/s of bandwidth (DDR4) to 48GB/s (GDDR5).
Today Dual-Channel DDR4 3200Mhz memory can provide 51.2GB/s of bandwidth and dual channel 3800Mhz memory is offering around 60GB/s... Which definitely gives the relatively potent compute capabilities of Vega integrated graphics the fillrate kick it needs to step up over the Geforce 1030.

Things will also improve once DDR5 rolls around where "low-end garbage" DDR5 4800mhz DRAM should provide 76.8GB/s of banwidth... With DDR5 8400 DRAM pushing out 136GB/s which is around the sweet spot for 1080P gaming.

But considering he already has a PC, it doesn't make sense to throw it all out and buy the 5600G anyway, CPU prices are also inflated, might as well grab a cheap Radeon RX 570 and wait it out.

Pemalite said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Series S can't run 30+ years worth of games though... No optical disk drive for those with Xbox/Xbox 360/Xbox One physical games and only has a tiny 364GB of usable SSD space.
You also can't run older games at 4k which you could on a PC specced with the same specifications.

It's cheap for a reason and obviously the Op doesn't wish to spend the extra money, they would rather use the hardware they already have.

I don't think it's appropriate for you to be turning this into a Console vs PC derailed debate anyway.

You took me way more serious than I anticipated.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Pemalite said:
JRPGfan said:

^ this.

Also part of the reason why IGP's are starting to beat the Geforce 1030 is pretty simple. Memory bandwidth.

Today Dual-Channel DDR4 3200Mhz memory can provide 51.2GB/s of bandwidth and dual channel 3800Mhz memory is offering around 60GB/s... Which definitely gives the relatively potent compute capabilities of Vega integrated graphics the fillrate kick it needs to step up over the Geforce 1030.

Things will also improve once DDR5 rolls around where "low-end garbage" DDR5 4800mhz DRAM should provide 76.8GB/s of banwidth... With DDR5 8400 DRAM pushing out 136GB/s which is around the sweet spot for 1080P gaming.

But considering he already has a PC, it doesn't make sense to throw it all out and buy the 5600G anyway, CPU prices are also inflated, might as well grab a cheap Radeon RX 570 and wait it out.

Also stuff like Infinity Cache that AMD is useing on its RX 6000 series.
This makes its 256bit bus, perform above its level, when it comes to memory bandwidth.

Stuff like that could be integrated into a APU.
Along with Fidelity FX (upscaleing techniques).... APUs are gonna grow in terms of market share in future (imo).

APU could kill off the lowend of GPUs in future.
I know we ve been saying it forever, and its taken its sweet time, but it looks like its finally about to happend.

JRPGfan said:
Pemalite said:

Also stuff like Infinity Cache that AMD is useing on its RX 6000 series.
This makes its 256bit bus, perform above its level, when it comes to memory bandwidth.

Stuff like that could be integrated into a APU.
Along with Fidelity FX (upscaleing techniques).... APUs are gonna grow in terms of market share in future (imo).

APU could kill off the lowend of GPUs in future.
I know we ve been saying it forever, and its taken its sweet time, but it looks like its finally about to happend.

Cost will likely be the biggest hindrance to infinity cache on an APU.

But yeah, since AMD debuted it's Fusion initiative when everyone thought HUMA was the second coming of Jesus on the PS4/AMD APU's, they thought low-end GPU's were going to get replaced.

Rather, what -will- happen is we will get faster low-end GPU's to compete and we will all win.

I’ve noticed Nvidia and AMD not releasing lower tiers of dedicated GPUs like they used to.
Nvidia didn’t release anything below 1650 last generation.
The previous generation bottomed out at 1030, and the generation before that was 910/920.