By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - What does Microsoft need to do to make Killer Instinct happen again?

Give Rare 1% of the budget they save for Halo and Forza.

One man can dream...

Around the Network

The Ulttimates are fine. People just don’t know a good time even if it lands on there face.

Hire Iron Galaxy to make one again.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Make another next-gen only Killer Instinct and make it quick? the previous one benefited heavily looking "next-gen" and being early before game like Tekken taken over.

The competitive fighting scene is so big right now, I am sure the next Killer Instinct will do better. Not that I was ever a fan, I was always considered it to be a meme fighting game but that's just me.

Killer Instinct always had a target audience of people who want bleeding edge technology and stringable combos. It’s also meant to be a perfect bridge between mortal kombat and street fighter.

In terms of visual effects, the latest killer instinct delivered the goods. Combos, check. Bridge..? I see the OPs point here.. it does lack the No Mercy kills to fully do its job. That could have made a big ole difference in sales.

I wonder if Netherrealms studio sued them and that’s why they took out the fatalities…

Around the Network

Pardon my ignorance, but why not create something like KI that has characters from all the different IPS they own now? Basically a more edgy, Microsoft version of Smash staring MasterChief, Doom guy, Perfect Dark lady, etc.?

Dulfite said:

Pardon my ignorance, but why not create something like KI that has characters from all the different IPS they own now? Basically a more edgy, Microsoft version of Smash staring MasterChief, Doom guy, Perfect Dark lady, etc.?

KI was basically that, had a bunch of MS IPs in later seasons.

anyways to the OP: The right studio and time is all they need

haxxiy said:

Give Rare 1% of the budget they save for Halo and Forza.

One man can dream...

Rare doesn't even have a team available for this, and we are talking about MS, money/budget isn't an issue lol.

Do a proper killer instinct that stays true to the franchise.
Skip the additions from other I.P... I felt it detracted from KI on the Xbox One.

But then make a Killer Instinct Brawl. - Include Banjo (Banjo Kazooi), Joanna Dark (Perfect Dark), Conker (Conker), Master Chief (Halo), Arbiter (Halo), Marcus Fenix (Gears), Jade (Beyond Good and Evil), Theresa (Fable), Jack of Blades (Fable), Blinx (Blinx), Rash/Zitz/Pimple (Battletoads), Ori (Ori and the will of the wisps), Steve (Minecraft) and probably a shit ton more in the roster. Make it freaking ridiculous. - Stretch the DLC to include characters from other franchises. Deus Ex? Tomb Raider? Crysis?

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Leynos said:

Hire Iron Galaxy to make one again.

That's the thing double helix started it with the first season and they are bought by Amazon while Iron galaxy (who is so busy with many projects) continued it.   It isn't that Iron galaxy don't want to make it, they clearly do but they can't for atleast some years because of all the other projects.