By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Remember the Internet's initial reaction to Mario + Rabbids?

From E3 2017

I was one of those that initially bashed it, but I ended up buying it and it was a great game.  Happy to eat my words on this one.

Around the Network

the reaction to raving rabbids in general was pure mockery but you cant mock mockery itself

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

In 2017 I was disconnected from gaming world, so I can't remember

However, harder to understand why people bash games they haven't played it's to understand why people who bash the said games end buying them, lack of options? Desire to have more reasons to bash? Masochism?

IcaroRibeiro said:

However, harder to understand why people bash games they haven't played it's to understand why people who bash the said games end buying them, lack of options? Desire to have more reasons to bash? Masochism?

envy

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

IcaroRibeiro said:

In this case, people were bashing the idea of the game before seeing anything about it.  A crossover between Mario and the Rabbids just sounded odd, and Ubisoft's reputation at the time wasn't exactly stellar either.  But after seeing what the gameplay actually looked like, the attitude changed because it looked good.  I wouldn't personally buy something that I expected not to like, what they showed at E3 looked great.

Around the Network

The reveal trailer has a ton of dislikes and considering it has 15 million views, not that many likes. The sequel's trailers on the other hand have gotten far far better feedback. People mostly bashed the first game without knowing much about it. It's typical.

I still refuse to play them as I hate Rabbids and it's still not a sequel to Super Mario RPG. Not against the existence of this game but I am let down by every Mario RPG project not a sequel the one game better than all of them. Why not both?

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Yeah, I remember thinking "Everything with Rabbids is trash". And then gameplay footage came out.

I thought it was weird until the moment I saw footage of it and then I knew I had to get it. It looked amazing in motion. Got it on sale for like half price a year after it came out and loved it! So hyped that they're making another.

IcaroRibeiro said:

Initially, all we really new was that it had Mario and Rabbids in them. People assumed it would be a minigame collection cause that's what Rabbids do usually, and the last time Mario was lent out to a third party, that's what happened (Mario and Sonic). Nobody really wanted that, especially because the Rabbids Schtick had worn out its welcome.

One people actually saw the game the response was pretty much "weird but could be good". And when it came out, it got good reviews.

Long story short, people could change their mind.