Forums - Sales Discussion - May NPD 2021 thread

Thread update

Around the Network

Any ballpark numbers for any platform?

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:

Nothing yet. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Before we get leaks, I'll take a stab.

NS - 450K
PS5 - 250K
XSX - 175K

I only know that Switch won in May.

My prediction in 2021.

SW: 30m

PS5 16m

XBS: 7.5m

Around the Network

Sooo ... we get nothing until a few weeks later again heh ?

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Mar1217 said:

Sooo ... we get nothing until a few weeks later again heh ?

Sadly looking like it. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

TruckOSaurus said:

Well, based on the $244M revenue figure for hardware, we can estimate that, depending on the actual split between their SKUs, the Switch, PS5, and Series X|S likely sold somewhere between 700-800k units combined, assuming a 4-5% market share for the PS4 & XBO.

Hopefully we'll get some solid numbers for this year leaked at some point, because we've yet to get anything solid.

Visit http://shadowofthevoid.wordpress.com

In accordance to the VGC forum rules, §8.5, I hereby exercise my right to demand to be left alone regarding the subject of the effects of the pandemic on video game sales (i.e., "COVID bump").

forgot to post this
Switch < 451k
PS5 < 192k
XBS < 169k

https://www.resetera.com/threads/may-2021-npd-u-s-hardware-predictions-closes-wednesday-june-9th.435320/page-2#post-68245486