By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - My new PS5 came with 280+ games. Play them all?

So, I bought a PS5. 

I have largely skipped on the "HD twins" because I simply don't have the time to play as I used to when I was younger, so no PS4 for me. During the last couple of years I spent with my PS3; I kept the PSN plus subscription going because it was simply cheaper to keep active, and even though, I didn't buy a PS4, I still kept my PSN plus active as I believed when I eventually buy a PS4, I'd have large selection of free games to try.

Life was still busy during the PS4 era and BC became a no-brainer feature for the PS5, so I decided to skip on buying a PS4 as well yet, my PSN plus was kept active nonetheless. Fast forward to 2021, I have more free time than I did during the last 10 years or so, it's time to jump back in. I still believed that I'd buy a PS4 instead of a PS5 but then SONY added 20 games to my collection through the "PlayStation Plus Collection", which made buying the PS5 an obvious choice. 

The list of the 280 games can be found here, the 20 games of the PSN collection can be found here. I almost forgot the Play At home initiative which did expand the free selection. Between these three lists, I think I am fine not buying new games anytime soon, Ghost of Tsushima is missing from the lists but bless your hearts, we all know it will be offered as a PSN+ monthly game at one point.

I may turn this thread into a diary of the games I play, no reviews, just a pros/cons lists of why I managed to finish a game or why I decided to quit playing it. I imagine I'll quit quite often; not because I am trying to be edgy or think I have superior taste; I just simply have no time to play that many games, so I will only stick with what I play if it's genuinely fun. I also have been told I have Asperger's, which I tend to not give it much attention and not disclosed it I know in real life because we're weird af anyway; but I have had the same meal everyday for the last 2 months, whatever is driving this will undoubtedly affect what games I quit/continue to play

I'll try to reserve the next few posts in this thread. 

Last edited by LurkerJ - on 14 June 2021

Around the Network

Reserved

Reserved

Reserved

Have you considered changing hobbies? Try something that will cost you less time. I dont know if you will really have fun playing about 4-5 hours each game and then quitting them to play anything else

Around the Network

Shouldn't thread title be, my paid subscription service came with "X" number of games? The console doesn't come with the games, the service does. If you aren't paying for the service, you don't have access to the "free games".

"Once your PlayStation Plus subscription ends, content you previously downloaded at no cost as part of the subscription (such as PS Plus monthly games) will no longer be available."

You paid years for a service you didn't use and call the games which were part of that service free now? If I buy a golf ball every day and only start in a year to play golf... I have 365 free golf balls!

I got 1000 free movies with my netflix sub

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

IcaroRibeiro said:

Have you considered changing hobbies? Try something that will cost you less time. I dont know if you will really have fun playing about 4-5 hours each game and then quitting them to play anything else

I read, watch TV, listen to music, I work out, and I started cooking as well. My professional development sucked most of my time for many years but that's starting to change; so it's time to re-introduce gaming! I still study a lot and work on extra-curricular projects but all of that is becoming less time consuming.  I have been gaming and playing the excellent Nintendo platformers; but I want to play the things I missed out on. What other hobbies would you suggest? I believe gaming keeps the brain young so I would rather have that back as a daily stable :)

As for playing 5 hours and quitting the game; I think if a game doesn't click within 5 hours, it's time to quit. I sank 8 hours into Final Fantasy 15 so far; and it's one of the worst entertainment experiences I have ever had in recent memory. Quitting it now isn't gonna be a problem; I didn't pay much to get to play the game to begin with; and there are 280 games (and counting) to choose from and try. If no games left to play, that would be fine as content creators of all sorts are literally fighting for our leisure time. 

On the other hand, I am having a blast with Galak Z (why isn't this more successful! SO.MUCH.FUN.) and the remastered original Bioshock (it's amazing how well this game aged). 

I didn't even realise that I put free in the title; happy to take it out if it's bothering so many lol. As far as I am concerned; I paid 60 pennies for each game in my PSN library (less if you count the games in the collection as 3 games instead of 1), not to mention, my subscription runs out next year; so 60 pennies will be 50, and now I am paying 2.5 pounds a month to keep retain this massive library and watch it grow. That's far superior than actually "owning" the games for someone in my circumstances. I'd probably get a seizure if I paid 60 pounds just to play FF15; barf!

But yeah, sure, not free, so it's taken out