By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Previous Generation Console Have Gone Up

I’m guessing this isn’t news to many of you, but what’s up with the price of consoles from last gen? 

Amazon:

Wii U is $300-$400

Xbox 1 is $500

PS4 is $400-$500

I get that the world economic shutdown shorted the supply of new gen, so I guess that’s my answer. I wanted to bring this up in case anyone had any more information. 

a year ago, I could have bought a used Xbox One S for $150. I’m not paying 500!!

Around the Network

Damn, got a day one and a One S sitting around...

These consoles are actually quite cheap considering the hardware they have in them. You want to see big price hikes and increases check out PC parts (particularly graphics cards) and prepare to have your mind blown.

I actually don't see spending an extra £50-100 more for a long term gaming device (of 6+ years support) all that bad. Tbh I wouldn't minded if they upped it and the specs even more.

Last edited by hinch - on 23 May 2021

Mar1217 said:

Because the WiiU is the only place where you can play Xenoblade Chronicles X of course :)

Are you sure about that?

hinch said:

These consoles are actually quite cheap considering the hardware they have in them. You want to see big price hikes and increases check out PC parts (particularly graphics cards) and prepare to have your mind blown.

I actually don't see spending an extra £50-100 more for a long term gaming device (of 6+ years support) all that bad. Tbh I wouldn't minded if they upped it and the specs even more.

That made me feel better. I’m really glad now I upgraded my rx 570 when I did. 

Around the Network
hinch said:

It sounds like your references the latest gen tech on both sides  this is about used last gen consoles and even if you reference previous series cards it's a tricky thing to compare since for example a used PS4 can have an age ranging from weeks to 7 years.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Mar1217 said:

Because the WiiU is the only place where you can play Xenoblade Chronicles X of course :)

Why did you bring this up, it only reminds me that I have the game but no WII U to play it since I traded it in when I bought my Switch.

I remember when consoles at this stage in their life-cycle were either $99.99 or below.

chakkra said:
Mar1217 said:

Are you sure about that?

Legally and physically. Yes.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Bristow9091 said:
mjk45 said:

Why did you bring this up, it only reminds me that I have the game but no WII U to play it since I traded it in when I bought my Switch.

Interesting, I have a Wii U but no copy of the game to play on it... perhaps we could work something out :P 

I take it that in this case with you being a Pom and me a Convict WII U regional locking is Pal so unless we're  discussing the Ashes we are compatible.

PM me a with a Postage Address and I'll send it off.