By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Dropbox Troubles

I paid the monthly fee for Dropbox on May 10th. The usual fee, nothing out of the ordinary. On May 11th, when I was shopping, I tried to use Dropbox to do my grocery checklist only to find I couldn't log in on my phone. Didn't bother me much at first. Sometimes I forget my passwords and have to try a few different variants before I remember which one is the one for that particular app. That, and sometimes apps require you to sign in after an update or something. no big deal.

So I go home and try to load it up on my computer to see what's up with my password and it's logged me out there, too. I try to log in, it says my password - the one that's auto-saved on google chrome - is wrong. That can't be right so I 'forgot my password' only to be told that this account has been disabled.

Again, no big deal. Once I let some friends download some files off my server and it went over my 200GB per day limit and it got temporarily disabled. I tried to speak with Dropbox about it via trouble ticket or live chat, but I can't talk to Dropbox unless I'm signed in, which is stupid but rules are rules.

I try a few different options, starting with going to Dropbox support on Twitter. I send them a message, asking why my account is disabled...and I get one response asking for clarification. I give the clarification and the screenshot....and nothing back. I ask, nothing. I wait an hour and ask again, nothing. I try every hour on the hour for the rest of the day, I get nothing back. Every day since then I've tried again and got nothing back. They will not respond.

So, with live chat not available and twitter support ignoring me, I attempt to put in a question on the forums, which is where the official site led me to when I couldn't sign in to the official communication venues. I put in my question after being forced to create a new account (since my main account was disabled), asking why my account was disabled, and the mod there gives an automated response, adding it to this thread:

Solved: Re: Why was my account disabled? - Dropbox Community

Here, they recommended a trouble ticket, something I already did and hadn't gotten a response to. So I try again. Still no response. We are on a week later and the only responses I've gotten from any of these official channels (community forum, official trouble tickets, email, Twitter support) has been one request for more information and one automated response telling me to do something I already did, then placing it in 'solved' when it absolutely was not solved.

I open up the forums yesterday to check updates, and my posts have been deleted from the thread. I wake up today to check again and I've been banned from the forums entirely. Can someone please explain to me how I can fix this or what the hell is going on or why I can't even so much as get a response to explain WHY I was banned/disabled? I've not done anything against the AUP, I used the services regularly so it wasn't neglected, and my usage hadn't changed in any way in years. I was paying them, and they just up and deleted my account and then ignored all attempts to find out why.

This is absolutely ludicrous and I do not understand how any of this is in any way okay. Even if they just told me a reason and gave me my money back, that'd be fine. In the mean time, I contested the charge on Paypal and am filing a dispute.

Has anyone else had this happen?

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network

That's messed. See if there's a support number to call.

darkknightkryta said:

That was something I tried, no luck. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:
darkknightkryta said:

That was something I tried, no luck. 

WTF?