By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - I feel like crying I hate hackers I wont explain but, this is how I feel

tip dont make your password the same as your username

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

Dafuq?

Mr Strickland doesn't like Slackers!

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

If this is how you feel, having completely anonymous accounts set up by multiple emails on a VPN is a safe bet.

Credit card info is a dicier situation, because it's usually pretty safe, but if hackers get that kind of info from a big company, you're screwed. I'm guessing using prepaid credit cards for services might alleviate that, because you can control how much you put on them and have services/online places charge, but it's not tied directly to your full savings/checking.

But using Facebook, Instagram or Gmail with your real name is bound to blow up in your face if you really care about privacy. These services aren't free. The price is privacy.

Haven't you posted pics of yourself on this site?

Around the Network
Barozi said:

Haven't you posted pics of yourself on this site?

Yup and often reveals some personal info. Then keeps making topics about his drama from other websites.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

- use a proper password manager and strong passwords suggested by it
- have a really solid master password, which is used ONLY to access your PM
- use 2FA wherever you can
- have decent antivirus/malware software installed
- 4 digit pin on your phone is not good enough. Use 6 digit minimum, which isn't your DOB
- don't go on, or download anything from doggy websites, open suspicious emails, and do not sideload any apps to your phone. You can have the best security on the planet, but if you allow hackers to gain full admin access to your PC/phone through infected software, most of the above does not apply anymore.

Optional:
- use VPN (must if you use public WiFi)
- route your traffic through a security gateway