By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Kingdom Hearts Franchise is coming over to PC!

Chazore said:
Nautilus said:

I would please ask for a source on that part about the exclusives bringing in little profit(and thus finding little success), because all the things I have seen so far is that, while they aren't massive successes, they are doing really well for the most part.

All in all, EGS strategy so far has been a resounding success, and it makes no sense to keep going with it, seeing that there is a long road ahead yet, if they want to compete with Steam.So in that note, there is no reason to think that KH, one of the most successful and recognizable RPG franchise of all time, to not find success there too. There are no good reason that point otherwise, other than the unreasonable hate for a determined storefront.

Now, it might not hit the road running, but it dosen't need to. Especially assuming that it will be comming to Steam later.It's a win-win scenario for everyone, and I"m happy that PC gamers will have the chance to finally experience this incredible series.

I don't think you wanted to ask with a source, if the second bolded is what you're really looking to say.

Again, all I see here is SE being greedy with the cost cutting (the fact the other KH was made using unreal, meaning less tax from Epic+the 12% tax+The exclusivity bribe), and you know they threw hissy fits when Tomb Raider didn't reach sales profit expectations, so this absolutely fits in line with why they went with Epic, and not everywhere else (because everyone else charges 30%, doesn't have a tax reduction for using unreal, and Valve/GoG don't do bribes for exclusivity, and MS is indifferent so far on PC).

Who said it's coming to Steam later?. There's been no info even saying it will, let alone FFR. At this point I can easily see FFR being yet another EGS, with no Steam release date.

People are still waiting for Ubi's exclusivity deals to finish, yet they still haven't. Same goes for games like WWZ, still EGS exclusive, and still not on Steam/GoG.

I'd be happy if every PC gamer got the chance, willingly, instead of having a forced hand. The actual option to buy from any store of your choosing is far better than having to play on a crappy store, run by a selfish, decrepit, childish old man. It's a win-win, when customers actually get catered to, not a select few who put up with garbage clients and garbage practices. 

Hardly Chazore, as I have provided data in my previous post. I'm a person driven by numbers. But it seems that you never had a good intention in this discussion to begin with, given that you still haven't provided a source for your first claim.

Either way. This is good news for everyone, and I really hope PC gamers enjoy the games. I look foward to seeing how much KH will do on PC.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network
Nautilus said:

Hardly Chazore, as I have provided data in my previous post. I'm a person driven by numbers. But it seems that you never had a good intention in this discussion to begin with, given that you still haven't provided a source for your first claim.

Either way. This is good news for everyone, and I really hope PC gamers enjoy the games. I look foward to seeing how much KH will do on PC.

You posted a link, and we already talked about this on the main PC thread weeks ago, users like Yuri, I and others already saw that it was a paltry "success", compared to everything else that was calculated that year (Steam included).

No mate, your second bolded comment told me you never had good intentions either. You've got this whole idea that I'm just a whiny lil "hater", so anything I say is automatically going to be filed under such, which doesn't pose for respect, or a civil discussion at all. You were looking to provoke and earn ire, and that's what you'll get.

No, it's shit news for everyone, because the games cost a total of $190 sodding dollars for what amounts to a very basic port job, limited to one store only.

Imagine if you actually cared enough to want games to be available on every store, every console, but I guess you cannot imagine nor want that, because you seem to heavily agree with Epic's tactics and SE's greed, that you simply do not care for the average customer, but a corp instead. 

Yeah, I bet you'll look forward to seeing sales, so you can use it as personal ammo, calling that right now (for mods sake, because you hardly ever discuss core PC specific sales, and you don't particpate in our main thread when talking about them, so yes, I'll remember that for mods sake in the future).

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

woof at that price.

Chazore said:
vivster said:

As is tradition. Looks like it makes a lot of sense to release on EGS. You get the better cut and a bonus from Epic on top. PC gamers get their games and Steam loses a bit of market share. It's a win win win win for everyone.

Sometimes I think you want the market destroyed for some weird, twisted reason. 

Oh please, do tell how to "destroy" the gaming industry.

30 years from now Steam won't exist and EGS won't exist but we will still be gaming. Stop being melodramatic.

You sound like someone who predicts the end of burgers and fries because a Burger King opened next to your favorite McDonalds.

Last edited by vivster - on 12 February 2021

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:

Oh please, do tell how to "destroy" the gaming industry.

30 years from now Steam won't exist and EGS won't exist but we will still be gaming. Stop being melodramatic.

You sound like someone who predicts the end of burgers and fries because a Burger King opened next to your favorite McDonalds.

Because you'd rather someone who left PC gaming in the dust for years, that claimed we wouldn't get Gears on PC, get a bigger slice of the pie and control of the market.

The reason I see it as twisted, is because you seem to not care whoever the hell abandons you or mocks you from afar, because you're more than happy for them to come back and demand something back that they left behind, from someone who actually worked their ass off to get to where they are, and you're absolutely fine for it and even desire it.

You don't know that they won't exist 30yrs from now, that's like saying Disney won't exist, and that company is old as hell, same goes for Nintendo, being well over 100 years now. Companies like M&S have also been around for a very long ass time. 

And you sound like someone, who worships and desires fracturing.

Last edited by Chazore - on 12 February 2021

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

Around the Network

I loved KH 1.. I liked KH2..I felt indifferent about KH3

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Chazore said:
Nautilus said:

You posted a link, and we already talked about this on the main PC thread weeks ago, users like Yuri, I and others already saw that it was a paltry "success", compared to everything else that was calculated that year (Steam included).

No mate, your second bolded comment told me you never had good intentions either. You've got this whole idea that I'm just a whiny lil "hater", so anything I say is automatically going to be filed under such, which doesn't pose for respect, or a civil discussion at all. You were looking to provoke and earn ire, and that's what you'll get.

No, it's shit news for everyone, because the games cost a total of $190 sodding dollars for what amounts to a very basic port job, limited to one store only.

Imagine if you actually cared enough to want games to be available on every store, every console, but I guess you cannot imagine nor want that, because you seem to heavily agree with Epic's tactics and SE's greed, that you simply do not care for the average customer, but a corp instead. 

Yeah, I bet you'll look forward to seeing sales, so you can use it as personal ammo, calling that right now (for mods sake, because you hardly ever discuss core PC specific sales, and you don't particpate in our main thread when talking about them, so yes, I'll remember that for mods sake in the future).

Hah, this is quite funny comming from someone who has been shitting on EGS regardless of what they do, even if they give free games away. And I supposedelly I'm the one who dosen't have good intentions.

I guess I am somewhat immune to all this negativity because I have been gaming my whole life on PC and consoles, so I am accostummed to the good old console wars and all the hatred and attrition that it brings. Ironically discussions between consoles sales, games and whatnot are the most amicable as it ever been, because after so many decades of it, people got used/tired of it. But regardless, and so that you know, this is what it feels like having to bicker about "exclusives" or " my console of choice is doing better", since it seems that the PC audience is not accostumed to that. And one of the reasons why EGS will be successful on it's initiatives(Because people are bitter enough to badmouth about them, since they consider it a threat), even if it might never reach peak Steam levels.

And do please remember this. Save it in some folder so that you can use it later on your behalf or whatever else you want to do. I may not be the most loved user here, and neither are you, but I am always fair about everything I discuss. I like EGS initiatives because this forces Steam to be competitive. It makes the PC space thrive and for Steam to actually develop (in the future) it's own games again.

And do not act like all of this is new. For anyone that played exclusively on PC, they were prived on a myriad of games due to them being exclusive(or timed) to consoles. FF 7 Remake, KH games, MH World and Rise, Octopath Traveller. Those are just some of the most recent examples that were paid to be exclusive for 6 months to one year on consoles and nobody batted an eye on it. For PC gamers to be able to play those games, they would need to shell out 400 dollars to get a console that had a completely different way to control said games. With Epic, the only thing that is different is that you have to download a client, and pay nothing.

And just because I don't go to the PC main thread, dosen't mean I don't care about PC gaming, just like I wouldn't make that same accusation to someone who dosen't visit the Nintendo or Sony main thread.

Either way, this is obviously derailing the thread, as my discussions with you usually does.So I'll leave it here, and just say that I'm happy for KH to find a new audience.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

Not 2.8 being priced $60

Well, nice to see the games will reach a bigger audience even if they're exclusive to that one store.

Nautilus said:

Either way, this is obviously derailing the thread, as my discussions with you usually does.So I'll leave it here, and just say that I'm happy for KH to find a new audience.

Not sure about that, considering it's about SE, the pricing, the store it's on, etc. I get that you and I do not agree on much, but we were absolutely being on point, even when you were talking about the store's sales data.

I'd be far more happier if the game reached absolutely everyone, and by that I  mean all the stores. SE would make insane bank just trying to lift a finger, instead of lifting next to none.

Chazore said:
Nautilus said:

Not sure about that, considering it's about SE, the pricing, the store it's on, etc. I get that you and I do not agree on much, but we were absolutely being on point, even when you were talking about the store's sales data.

I'd be far more happier if the game reached absolutely everyone, and by that I  mean all the stores. SE would make insane bank just trying to lift a finger, instead of lifting next to none.

Not to sound too obvious right now, but Square is a business. Imagine yourself running a business and wanting to port over your games to PC, and out of nowhere comes someone and says: If you port them first to my store, I'll give you 10 million dollars just for that. Being the giant that it is, and knowing full well that the number of people pissed with this move would be somewhere really close to insignificant( people that get mad over exclusive stuff like this is usually only hardcore fans, or forum dwellers), and the ones that do would get over it eventually, who wouldn't take that deal?

And I am pretty confident that Square isn't aversed to porting over to steam, seeing that it already has alot of titles over there, and that it would take a permanent deal, no matter how good the money was. It's KH after all. KH 3 sold better than most FF, and the series is growing fast. The deal would never be that good enough to offset the negatives of a permanent exclusive.

That's how I see it anyways.