By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Epic new Meta Human tech

I have to say this looks really impressive.  If this is the level of character tech we will be seeing in next gen games, sign me up.



Around the Network

Here is another video.  Have to say if this will be the base any developer can achieve I wonder what the bigger studios will be able to do like Naughty Dog or Ninja Theory.



Yeeeppp.

The best of next gen (technically now current), will get fairly close.



                                                                                                                                                           

Very impressive stuff, that a create your own character can be this realistic.



shikamaru317 said:

Very impressive stuff, that a create your own character can be this realistic.

It technically uses algorithms closer to what actual character artists use. So, it’s stronger than typical Create-Your-Character programs.



                                                                                                                                                           

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
shikamaru317 said:

Very impressive stuff, that a create your own character can be this realistic.

It technically uses algorithms closer to what actual character artists use. So, it’s stronger than typical Create-Your-Character programs.

Well, you have been saying wait and see on character development and what is in store for this gen.  Having something like this in Unreal engine definitely means this will be the norm probably going forward when they release this tech.  Hell, it makes me want to jump in and see what I can do but damn I do not have the time.



Doubt we see a rpg with a character creator like this but naughty god , kojima productions will match this easy.



ClassicGamingWizzz said:

Doubt we see a rpg with a character creator like this but naughty god , kojima productions will match this easy.

Why not.  This is part of Unreal so any RPG that uses the engine will now have this character creator.  Actually this creator allows much smaller studios to have pretty much the same advance character creator that the big studios have and its require no developer for creation.  It also scales all the way down to mobile so Developers can pick their target platform and go to town or scale back for moderate hardware.



Lip syncing needs work. Then again I haven't even seen film quality CGI able to replicate exact human movements and nuances. Still mighty impressive, we're slowly getting over the uncanny valley territory. The mouth and teeth needs work as do the eyes but we're getting there!

Hoping to see these kind of quality face in future UE games in the not so distant future.



Seriously impressive.
Can't wait til we see what the 9th gen consoles can really do once they stop being held back by weaksauce 2013 hardware.



Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.