By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Digital Foundry- Next-gen The Division 2 updated test + Ghost Recon next-gen test

PotentHerbs said:
Shiken said:

Patched

It seems to happen in every thread where the Series X wins a comparison.

Take a look at the Hitman thread where Kirby008 calls out JRPG fan. We going to call out Shikamaru too whenever the PS5 version has a higher resolution because he thought the PS5 was RDNA 1.5? 

Well I mean, when you post a DF tech comparison and go out of your way to use youtube comments to try and embellish the difference like this...

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9242275

People tend to remember your name.  I can even recall warning some people (here and on other sites) about using early cross gen games that are not optimized for the new consoles as a benchmark or it could come back and make you look bad, and pretty much got laughed at.  All I can really say here, is my advice was not listened to.

As for Shikamaru317, I seem to remember him being called out once or twice.  But the RDNA thing died a long time ago.  The DF conspiracy theorists are still chasing that unicorn.

Also let me be clear, I am not grouping entire fanbases.  Most people in any fanbase are pretty cool.  I am just speaking about a few small but vocal groups.

Last edited by Shiken - on 09 February 2021

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network
PotentHerbs said:
Shiken said:

Patched

Take a look at the Hitman thread where Kirby008 calls out JRPG fan. We going to call out Shikamaru too whenever the PS5 version has a higher resolution because he thought the PS5 was RDNA 1.5? 

i assume you ignore every Donferrari/eva post in these threads?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
PotentHerbs said:

i assume you ignore every Donferrari/eva post in these threads?

If you could single out JRPGFan for all his extreme takes then what's the difference if I do it to a user like Sales2099 or Azznation?

Thread Warning: Keep the conversation focused on the actual topic and not on who you think is biased towards one side or the other or whatever. We should be able to compare versions of two games on two different machines like adults. 

If someone is making a bad argument call it (meaning the argument) out in whatever thread they made it. Otherwise some thread bans will likely be happening. 

Last edited by JWeinCom - on 09 February 2021

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:

So it's basically a reverse Dirt 5 situation where we should expect a bug fix patch for the PS5 to sort out these missing features? I mean, I imagine that's what it is considering they're all there on the PS4 Pro version, but who knows... never played either of the Division games anyway, although I've been tempted a few times since they go on sale quite often, lol.

Ubisoft are aware of the issue https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/2317891-The-division-2-update-1-30-PS5-problem?p=15338284&viewfull=1#post15338284

This is also in BC mode. Still a poor showing, but thats Ubisoft :P

Last edited by hinch - on 09 February 2021

hinch said:

Ubisoft are aware of the issue https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/2317891-The-division-2-update-1-30-PS5-problem?p=15338284&viewfull=1#post15338284

This is also in BC mode. Still a poor showing, but thats Ubisoft :P

This isn't a native port? 

It would explain the drastic difference in load times. IIRC, most BC games running on a Series X have been noted to have faster load times than PS4 BC games running on PS5.

Pemalite said:

The Playstation 5 version is held back by the developer rather than the actual hardware.
Wait for proper patches and updates to fix everything.

Which is the same thing that has happened in previous comparisons we've seen (Dirt 5, AC Valhala).

Now, there has been a trend here and that is that, for some reason, developers have been targeting a higher resolution on the XSX, which is odd seeing as that has usually caused a few more frame drops when compared to the PS5 versions, which makes me wonder why didn't they just target the same resolution for both versions?

This is a BC mode patch, Xbox series X will always win those. We have seen this in Star wars: the jedi order, Cyberpunk and Mass effect remake will probably be next.

It's digitalfoundry speculation that something went wrong with the PS5 patch, we don't know that.

6x master league achiever in starcraft2

Beaten Sigrun on God of war mode

Beaten DOOM ultra-nightmare with NO endless ammo-rune, 2x super shotgun and no decoys on ps4 pro.

1-0 against Grubby in Wc3 frozen throne ladder!!

chakkra said:
Pemalite said:

The Playstation 5 version is held back by the developer rather than the actual hardware.
Wait for proper patches and updates to fix everything.

Which is the same thing that has happened in previous comparisons we've seen (Dirt 5, AC Valhala).

Now, there has been a trend here and that is that, for some reason, developers have been targeting a higher resolution on the XSX, which is odd seeing as that has usually caused a few more frame drops when compared to the PS5 versions, which makes me wonder why didn't they just target the same resolution for both versions?

Some of those Xbox Series X games have received additional updates that smooths out those frame drops.

Developers have done the hardware profiling and are targeting set settings and resolutions, it's just back end tweaking and bug fixing mostly at this point. (For both platforms.)

The Series X is undoubtedly the technically superior console, so by default the general expectation is higher resolutions and framerates.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--