By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Digital Foundry- Next-gen The Division 2 updated test + Ghost Recon next-gen test

Shiken said:
PotentHerbs said:

Damn, you've been seeing that moogle a lot since November. 

He kind of disappeared in early december onward.  ;)

He might disappear completely after the photo mode comparisons! 

Around the Network
Shiken said:
Pemalite said:

The Playstation 5 version is held back by the developer rather than the actual hardware.
Wait for proper patches and updates to fix everything.

I was going to have a kind of sarcastic reply to this, because I mean...that should be obvious.

But then I remembered that sadly there are people out there that need this spelled out for them.  Especially with these early cross gen ports and enhanced patches.

no no no no thats not how any of this works, first impression or gtfo, there is nothing after vanilla wow, no man's sky is still dogshit etc etc

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

You’re mistaken, DF only mentions bugs to cover up XSX losses.

PotentHerbs said:
Shiken said:

He kind of disappeared in early december onward.  ;)

Only to return when we least expect it to reveal that DF is clearly bias...but only when bugs are used to explain a fault for the Series X.

kirby007 said:
Shiken said:

I was going to have a kind of sarcastic reply to this, because I mean...that should be obvious.

But then I remembered that sadly there are people out there that need this spelled out for them.  Especially with these early cross gen ports and enhanced patches.

no no no no thats not how any of this works, first impression or gtfo, there is nothing after vanilla wow, no man's sky is still dogshit etc etc

Ah yes, how could I have forgotten.  Otherwise you get masses of people defending how Cyberpunk released.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Shiken said:
PotentHerbs said:

Only to return when we least expect it to reveal that DF is clearly bias...but only when bugs are used to explain a fault for the Series X.

Maybe he can also explain why we aren't getting the massive performance delta that many on this site claimed we'd be getting.

Around the Network
Shiken said:
Pemalite said:

The Playstation 5 version is held back by the developer rather than the actual hardware.
Wait for proper patches and updates to fix everything.

Hence my statement.
First impressions matter... But it's the long term impressions we need to start taking into account in the world of constant updates and improvements to our software and games.
And all to often we see people get hung up on Digital Foundry as the be-all, end-all of analysis without taking into consideration later improvements in order to further their console-war agenda.

Digital Foundry is a fantastic empirical source of information, no doubt, but they can't cover every single update to every single game, but they do the best they can.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

PotentHerbs said:
Shiken said:

Maybe he can also explain why we aren't getting the massive performance delta that many on this site claimed we'd be getting.

It is almost as if the DF conspiracy theorists and people making those power delta claims were simply cut from two different ends of the same cloth.

Shiken said:
PotentHerbs said:

It is almost as if the DF conspiracy theorists and people making those claims were simply cut from different ends of the same cloth.

Yet only one of them is getting singled out.

PotentHerbs said:
Shiken said:

It is almost as if the DF conspiracy theorists and people making those claims were simply cut from different ends of the same cloth.

Yet only one of them is getting singled out in this thread.

Patched

Shiken said:
PotentHerbs said:

Yet only one of them is getting singled out in this thread.

Patched

It seems to happen in every thread where the Series X wins a comparison.

Take a look at the Hitman thread where Kirby008 calls out JRPG fan. We going to call out Shikamaru too whenever the PS5 version has a higher resolution because he thought the PS5 was RDNA 1.5?