By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Embracer Group (Parent Company of THQ Nordic, Saber, Koch, etc) merges with Gearbox & Easybrain, also acquires Aspyr Media

dx11332sega said:

This gonna be weird , I hope Microsoft gets Sega , I didn't want nobody getting them but it's acquisition season everybody swallowing others ,I have no faith in nooone helping on shenmue 4 especially sony making them kick start instead of funding, EA would shut Sega down, Amazon unproven might pull a stadia on Sega, nintendo was a huge rival back then I loved the Sega does what nintendon't, And embracer group I don't want them, This hurts me everybody in buying season many years.

No one is getting SEGA. SEGA is a branch of Sammy anyway. Sammy is larger than just gaming.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
Leynos said:
dx11332sega said:

This gonna be weird , I hope Microsoft gets Sega , I didn't want nobody getting them but it's acquisition season everybody swallowing others ,I have no faith in nooone helping on shenmue 4 especially sony making them kick start instead of funding, EA would shut Sega down, Amazon unproven might pull a stadia on Sega, nintendo was a huge rival back then I loved the Sega does what nintendon't, And embracer group I don't want them, This hurts me everybody in buying season many years.

No one is getting SEGA. SEGA is a branch of Sammy anyway. Sammy is larger than just gaming.

Sega just split their gaming/pc division into it's own company, don't be surprised if someone gobbles them up. Gaming companies are valued really high right now so it would make sense that Sammy would try to sell. 

ice said:
Leynos said:

Sega just split their gaming/pc division into it's own company, don't be surprised if someone gobbles them up. Gaming companies are valued really high right now so it would make sense that Sammy would try to sell. 

Not going to happen

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

JRPGfan said:

If Sega is looking to sell.... maybe start with Atlus, and give Sony (or nintendo) a shot?

Atlus is legit the best part of sega these days, and its strengths, is in game types that dont appeal to most american xbox users.
(how well would SMT & Persona sell on xbox? not well I think, and its their main strength, games like that)

MS can have the rest, old sega IP's basically arnt worth much these days.
MS could spit out of bunch of low quality budget, Sega IP games for gamepass with it.

I love how you're like "Sony can have the best studios, MS can have the shitty ones we all know no one likes and will make the less profit, thus calling MS's buy a bad decision".

Also would mean Sony exclusive, so Xbox, Nintendo and PC wouldn't be getting much access to yet another Japanese studio or two. No thanks, I'd rather MS have at it or no one at all. These stupid wars always start because one sect, one tribe, always wants something under lock and key.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

More power in fewer hands is never a good thing.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
Chazore said:
JRPGfan said:

If Sega is looking to sell.... maybe start with Atlus, and give Sony (or nintendo) a shot?

Atlus is legit the best part of sega these days, and its strengths, is in game types that dont appeal to most american xbox users.
(how well would SMT & Persona sell on xbox? not well I think, and its their main strength, games like that)

MS could spit out of bunch of low quality budget, Sega IP games for gamepass with it.

I love how you're like "Sony can have the best studios, MS can have the shitty ones we all know no one likes and will make the less profit, thus calling MS's buy a bad decision".

Also would mean Sony exclusive, so Xbox, Nintendo and PC wouldn't be getting much access to yet another Japanese studio or two. No thanks, I'd rather MS have at it or no one at all. These stupid wars always start because one sect, one tribe, always wants something under lock and key.

Your obviously putting words in my mouth and twisting things to suit your logic.

Low quality, low budget, Sega IP games, could make great sense for gamepass (its got alot of smaller budget, 60 meta type games), and its set to make them lots of profits. Thats not a "bad for MS buy decision" but instead a smart money move.

What Im saying is, I dont care about sonic ip, or most other sega stuff.
Alot of these IPs dont translate well into big 3D open world story driven stuff..... their smaller 2D focused arcade style games (which makes for a good gamepass fit).

Meanwhile turn based RPGs are atlus's strength, that and story telling.
Also traditionally, their SMT/Persona games are on playstation + nintendo, were their fanbases are.
It would be "nice" if MS doesnt buy sega, just to toss atlus into a deep dark dungeon makeing games they arnt suited for, or want to make ect.

JRPGfan said:

Your obviously putting words in my mouth and twisting things to suit your logic.

Low quality, low budget, Sega IP games, could make great sense for gamepass (its got alot of smaller budget, 60 meta type games), and its set to make them lots of profits. Thats not a "bad for MS buy decision" but instead a smart money move.

you literally said:

"If Sega is looking to sell.... maybe start with Atlus, and give Sony (or nintendo) a shot?

MS could spit out of bunch of low quality budget, Sega IP games for gamepass with it."

The bolded parts are the point I was trying to show that you were making. It's not even putting words in your mouth, mate. You pretty much claimed that Atlus is Sega's best, and that Sony should get a shot at buying them, while MS can be left with the lesser IP's, to dump onto Gamepass (and I know how you view Gamepass anyway, so it makes it sound even lesser quality when you lump in "old IP's no one cares about".

Why not let MS actually aquire a Japanese studio?. I've noticed a lot of you on here, the extreme Jap studio fans, do not like the West ever touching anything Japanese, but when it comes to the Japanese touching Western stuff, that's somehow A-okay? (which screams xenophobia).

MS can do fine with high end IP's as well?. There's no rule stating that they can't, so why not let them have a proper shot as well?.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

Chazore said:
JRPGfan said:

you literally said:

"If Sega is looking to sell.... maybe start with Atlus, and give Sony (or nintendo) a shot?

MS could spit out of bunch of low quality budget, Sega IP games for gamepass with it."

The bolded parts are the point I was trying to show that you were making. It's not even putting words in your mouth, mate. You pretty much claimed that Atlus is Sega's best, and that Sony should get a shot at buying them, while MS can be left with the lesser IP's, to dump onto Gamepass (and I know how you view Gamepass anyway, so it makes it sound even lesser quality when you lump in "old IP's no one cares about".

Why not let MS actually aquire a Japanese studio?. I've noticed a lot of you on here, the extreme Jap studio fans, do not like the West ever touching anything Japanese, but when it comes to the Japanese touching Western stuff, that's somehow A-okay? (which screams xenophobia).

MS can do fine with high end IP's as well?. There's no rule stating that they can't, so why not let them have a proper shot as well?.

"Why not let MS actually aquire a Japanese studio?"

because atlus deservers better? (MS will screw it up, and I like atlus games)
because I dont plan on buying a xbox (again, the fanbase of atlus games, are on PS+Nintendo side)

Basically just 0 faith, that MS doesnt mess it up, or force them to do things that arnt playing to their strengths (turn based story driven rpgs).
And that even if MS doesnt, and they somehow make a decent game for xbox thats exclusive from atlus..... it sells like dirt (fanbase issue) and next game is something "typical" (not atlus strengths) and then its closed down or just forevermore some low quality output of game maker. When it could instead just be a great RPG studio, makeing games as it does (SMT & Persona).

Atlus needs to stay away from MS.

basically.... you know that "where we going PapaEA?" meme?
Its like that... just it would be MS and Atlus.

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 03 February 2021

JRPGfan said:

"Why not let MS actually aquire a Japanese studio?"

because atlus deservers better? (MS will screw it up, and I like atlus games)
because I dont plan on buying a xbox (again, the fanbase of atlus games, are on PS+Nintendo side)

Basically just 0 faith, that MS doesnt mess it up, or force them to do things that arnt playing to their strengths (turn based story driven rpgs).
And that even if MS doesnt, and they somehow make a decent game for xbox thats exclusive from atlus..... it sells like dirt (fanbase issue) and next game is something "typical" (not atlus strengths) and then its closed down or just forevermore some low quality output of game maker. When it could instead just be a great RPG studio, makeing games as it does (SMT & Persona).

Atlus needs to stay away from MS.

basically.... you know that "where we going PapaEA?" meme?
Its like that... just it would be MS and Atlus.

And somehow Sony makes the "objectively better choice in any multiverse?.

Yeah I know you like them, but so do others that reside on other platforms and who would like to see Atlus actually lifting that finger, to deliver those games, past and present titles, to other platforms, not just Sony or Nintendo only.

You don't plan on buying an Xbox, but that's not stopping anyone else, or even a PC for that matter. That's still two platforms vs one, two audiences of combined reach vs one.

You've always had 0 faith in MS and 100% in Sony, this has been known for years now.

Like, as much as I dislike MS for a myriad of reasons, I'm still glad they finally decided to give PC some well deserved treatment, which in turn has restored a slight bit of faith, that they will continue to give said treatment to the platform, and their plans of giving Xbox and PC the same games is something that benefits both sides, instead of the old days, where MS neglected PC, cannibalised PC studios they owned, to make exclusives for Xbox.

This is why I don't trust Sony, because PC just got *a* persona game, and another spinoff title is due this year. To have Sony snatch up Atlus, means completely undoing the new reach Atlus/Sega just made to a different platform, which to others would be a step back in that regard.

Sony isn't benevolent you know. They've also been guilty of setting up IP's to fall down, or "letting go" of some people/studios in the past, and generally neglecting a platform for years (PS Vita anyone?).

I don't trust anyone if I'm going to be honest, but at this point, MS plan of providing two platforms and even a possible third with games, is still a far better plan that'd benefit more, vs a platform that benefits one group alone.

Makes you wonder if they are gearing up to launching their own console with exclusive games. Or leverage MS for some FAT cash to get their games on Gamepass.