By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Suggestion for managing all the '(insert game here) leagues' on VGC

Hi all  

We get new threads quite often that are supposedly about VGC leagues for specific games, such as the Warhawk and Call of Duty leagues.  They add some clutter to the front page, and I would think the members would appreciate their own little area of the site.

What I'm proposing is a new board dedicated to leagues. It could be easily accessed alongside the other boards, placed right between 'PC' and 'Off Topic' when you mouse-over the word Forum.  Then, a list of currently active leagues is displayed, and the user can select the one they wish to read and chat about.  For the sake of having no duplications and not taking up unnecessary bandwidth for 'niche' online games, only mods would be able to create new leagues, but members could make new threads about said leagues.

For example, only a Mod could make the 'Super Smash Bros Brawl League', but a member could make a thread for 'Weekly Brawl Tournament' or 'Current rankings'.

To be clear, how the leagues are run now is not offensive or annoying in any way, I just think it could be done more efficiently and it would make them easier to organize.

Thanks for reading,

Sink

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

good idea but might take a lot of time to set up

i play in both the warhawk and mario kart leagues and i dont think they come up all that often. then again if other users have a problem with them maybe they should get there own area.

The chief has spoken

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."