By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - CGI's Party Of Graphics & Tech 2021

CGI-Quality said:

V I L L A G E

The stills don't do it justice, either! Next Gen is here!

• Textures are FABULOUS! Finally reaching a point where nearly everything looks detailed and crisp!

• Lighting is great (though not quite Metro great, but you know)!

• The way that wine flowed from the bottle to the glass was truly one of those next gen moments for me. Yes, it is early, but I couldn't help but feel like we are truly reaching that point!

I just wonder what you consider Next-gen. It should be a game that look considerably better than Star wars Battlefront2 on Ultra settings or The last of Us2. I just don't see much different between those games and Resident evil Village. Next Battlefield will not be a cross gen game, maybe that one will look next-gen.

6x master league achiever in starcraft2

Beaten Sigrun on God of war mode

Beaten DOOM ultra-nightmare with NO endless ammo-rune, 2x super shotgun and no decoys on ps4 pro.

1-0 against Grubby in Wc3 frozen throne ladder!!

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:

The bigger takeaway from RE's latest 'normal' characters is the geometry. Things are nice and rounded off. Textures all have taken nice steps forward. However, yes, things will move closer to the unsettling feeling that my boy Masahiro Mori predicted would happen the closer we got to "real but not real".

You better keep your uncanny avatar eyes away from my valley you hear.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

CGI-Quality said:

As you can see, the updated raytracing (GI) is a literal game changer!

I've watched the Digital Foundry review on this so I've seen how big of an impact RT has had on this game and am aware of the technical changes. There was a particular comparison that showed how the rasterization allows lighting to go through objects like a guy's foot making him look floaty. The RT implementation showed correct lighting (and in this case appropriate shadows making the image darker) which grounded the figures and made the images appear a generation apart.

I think a lot of the comparisons with still images don't do it justice, because they just look brighter to most people unware of these technical achievements. Although I believe anyone can tell the difference when the comparisons are in motion.

But this comparison really drives the point home on how natural the environment can look with correct lighting on a sandy floor.

Is this the same environment or are you just comparing sandy floors? They look like different areas but I haven't played the game (nor do I have the rig to do so).

This thread doesn't seem to get a lot of posts, so I'll voice my appreciation for this thread even though I don't have much to contribute.

I seem to have missed those Crysis screenshots, but it looks very nice. It's incredible how a game released in 2007 can look so great (even without modding, but especially with mods). For comparison, Oblivion from 2006 doesn't get even close, not even when heavily modded, and that's a game that has received a lot of modding attention.

Martha Is Dead looks great, but that indoor scene falls in the uncanny valley for me. On one hand, it's good because it means progress, but on the other hand, uncanny valley itself is never good. One thing that irks me is how floaty the furniture looks, especially the chairs. There's probably something off with the lighting, and typically my guess would be the lack of shadows on the floor. However, almost the whole room is in shade, so it might be how the chairs react to the light coming from the outside instead. They probably shouldn't be so shiny. Still, it's an impressive-looking game for sure!

CGI-Quality said:

Martha Is Dead (Demo)

This is one of those games that is clearly a 9th gen title! With 4096x4096 texture maps, highly detailed environments, and improved DoF this is another "move forward" game that will hopefully release soon!

Clark and Bruce disapprove of this game.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."