By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - CGI's Party Of Graphics & Tech 2021

CGI-Quality said:
mjk45 said:

Who is it by and why is it magnified when quoting also the detail of the top vacuum tube when magnified is brilliant.

https://mundfish.com/lore/

Check that out!

If it lives up to it's promise gameplay being the unknown, then I want it now not tomorrow or next week but now.

Around the Network

May 6 and 7th are going to be nice days for graphics and tech in here for 2021!

CGI-Quality said:

May 6 and 7th are going to be nice days for graphics and tech in here for 2021!

Already heating up the system.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

CGI-Quality said:

PC people, Atomic Heart, slated for this year, promises to be a visual cheesecake!

-pic

That arm hair looks....not good lol

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 28 April 2021

Angelus said:
CGI-Quality said:

PC people, Atomic Heart, slated for this year, promises to be a visual cheesecake!

-pic

That arm hair looks....not good lol

Yeah after looking at the great detail in the vacuum tubes it looked weird like someone pierced his arm with bits of wire.

Around the Network

It is Metro: Exodus Enhanced Edition day! I'll have up the screens throughout!

Tomorrow is the next gen, RE: Village!

Gonna try and match 2019 with 2021 so you can appreciate the upgrade. Make no mistake — this is still a last gen game, but the shiny coat of paint makes for another spectacle! The big talking point is the additional raytracing. Things illuminate properly now, removing most of that 2019 dark!

The Enhanced Edition sports much more accurate bounce lighting. In 2019, while the lighting was good, colors didn't look right and, at times, were too saturated. The new system has far better tracking of light sources, allowing everything to 'ding' off of surfaces creating a more realistic look. 

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 08 May 2021

PART 2

Here, we can really see the illumination at work. In the 2019 pic, while there are plenty of light sources, the room looks unrealistically dark. The EE fixes that!

While I remember being thoroughly impressed with this scene, I now see that it was just too dark for what was going on. The GI, thanks to the new raytracing system, has really brought it to new heights, with far more accurate Screen Space lighting

Though the sun was setting in both (and are about 10 minutes apart at most in game time), the 2019 shot was simply too dark once again (with lower geometry to boot)!

This is the game that really makes me appreciate just what real-time raytracing has brought to the table (static raytracing, of course, remains more accurate)!

Definitely a nice improvement. Will probably revisit this game in the next couple months. Wrap up some chievos, and maybe give the DLC a go.

I guess they look better on a HDR screen, I prefer the 2019 shots :/ The 2021 screens look a bit washed out with low color saturation. Plus the character model looks kinda ill and scary in 2021