By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - CGI's Party Of Graphics & Tech 2021

Playing through The Medium right now, and the art style is definitely quite striking. You wanna keep playing just to see what they put on screen next.

Around the Network

I'm gonna uuuh... just repost this here:

Environmental effects and Lighting are awesome. 

CGI-Quality said:
Angelus said:

Playing through The Medium right now, and the art style is definitely quite striking. You wanna keep playing just to see what they put on screen next.

Indeed! And the ray tracing isn't aggressive, which is actually better, as the visuals are good looking enough that such a feature works as a nice touch instead of a dominating element!

Agreed. As I said, this is a game where I really feel like the visuals, specifically those of the spirit realm are a big driving force for the player. It's kind of like going into an art show, and every painting you pass keeps getting more otherworldly, and twisted, and you're just curious to see how deep the rabbit hole goes.

Great idea to have these categories.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

The Medium looks really good. But even my 3090 gets down to 13 frames on areals that doesn't make sense. I suppose they need to address the performance in DX12 aswell as HDR.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Around the Network
Xxain said:

I'm gonna uuuh... just repost this here:

Environmental effects and Lighting are awesome. 

There is some *very* good environmental effects going on.
But sadly also allot of pop-in, low quality LoD and clipping going on.

But I assume some of that will get ironed out in due course.

Hadn't actually heard or seen this game, so cheers for that, looks interesting and will be keeping an eye on it.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

I know it's kinda old news for the people who've already played it on PC, but I'm just playing Control for the first time now that they've updated the Ultimate Edition for next gen, and damn.....that game looks fucking incredible. Like, so good there's not even a point pulling up photo mode, cus literally every frame looks good enough to wanna take a picture, so unless you wanna just never get around to playing....what's even the point.

CGI-Quality said:

THE MEDIUM

Materials, lighting, ray tracing! All exceptional here!

You can actually read the newspaper article. O_o

The name of the US president in the game is George Clinton. ?

Hynad said:
CGI-Quality said:

THE MEDIUM

Materials, lighting, ray tracing! All exceptional here!

The name of the US president in the game is George Clinton. 😂

Why not Bill Clitoris?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
Hynad said:

The name of the US president in the game is George Clinton. 😂

Why not Bill Clitoris?

The funkiest President ever George Clinton of Parliament and Funkadelic fame.

Last edited by mjk45 - on 16 February 2021

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot