By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best Crysis game

I think the best is...

Crysis 7 77.78%

Crysis Warhead 0 0%

Crysis 2 2 22.22%

Crysis 3 0 0%

Total:9

Which do you think is the best game in the Crysis game, and why?

Around the Network

First one by default because, well, it's the first one. Two got dumbed down for consoles and three was but a short graphic showcase.

I haven't played the third one because I really disliked the second game, so it's between the first game and Warhead. It's been a long time since I played them so it's possibly my memory betrays me, but I think Warhead had less freedom than the original game, so the first one wins.

And just for the record, despite my low expectations, the second game still managed to fall short of my expectations by a lot. It was decent at best, and it had very little of what made the first game and Warhead good.

As for what made the first game and Warhead good, it's freedom, graphics, physics, and gunplay's not that bad either. Oh, and the suit was actually good back then.

Last edited by Zkuq - on 25 January 2021

For me it's gotta be the original; 2 and 3 were more streamlined but didn't offer as much tactical variety or interactivity with the world.

The sequels aren't bad games for what they are, but they don't stand out from the crowd as much either, being well made but ultimately rather formulaic AAA shooters whereas the original had its own unique flavour.