By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Where do you place The Mandalorian in your Star Wars ranking?

I have seen many people on Twitter saying that The Mandalorian is the best SW content they've ever watched and I got curious. What is your ranking for the current Star Wars canon?

Mine would be something like this:

1 - The Clone wars
2 - Original Trilogy
3 - Prequel Trilogy
4 - Fallen Order
5 - The Mandalorian
7 - Rebels
8 - Rogue One
9 - Sequel Trilogy

I do like The Mandalorian but the lack of Siths or any other force-based villains is what brings it down a couple of spots in my book. The magic of the force is what has always pulled me to Star Wars. I can watch people shooting at each other in any other franchise.

Around the Network

1.- Empire Strikes Back
2.- A New Hope
3.-RogueOne
4.-Mandalorian
5.- Return of the Jedi
6.- Clone Wars (tv series)
7.- Revenge of the sith
8.- Force Awakens
9.- Phantom Menace
10.- Last Jedi
11.-  Attack of the Clones
12.- Solo
13.- Rise of Skywalker
14.- Clone Wars (2008 film)

Havent seen Rebels. 

I rank it pretty high, its got everything I like of the Star Wars universe, it feels self contained, expands on the universe, its got very good production values for whats essentially a tv series. It is both interesting and original and I absolutely love the pacing, goes from less to more and more in a very rewarding way for the audience.

Maybe I'll elaborate more later, as for now thats all I got. 

I dont know how I would rank it but after a lot of insistence from my brother I finallybwatched one episode, I believe it is from the new season, with a kind or kurosawa theme and with a beloved female jadi being part of the story and let me tell you, it is amazing and now I want to watch all episodes.

shikamaru317 said:

As far as canon movies, shows, and games go:

1. Return of the Jedi
  2. Revenge of the Sith
  3. Empire Strikes Back
  4. The Mandalorian
  5. Clone Wars show
  6. Rogue One
  7. Jedi Fallen Order
  8. The Phantom Menace
  9. Rebels
  10. Attack of the Clones
  11. Solo
  12. Battlefront 2 campaign
  13. Squadrons campaign
  14. A New Hope
  15. The Force Awakens
  16. The Rise of Skywalker
  17. Clone Wars movie

Somewhere below listening to the Barney song on repeat: The Last Jedi

Lol, that was mean.

I do agree though.

EnricoPallazzo said:

I dont know how I would rank it but after a lot of insistence from my brother I finallybwatched one episode, I believe it is from the new season, with a kind or kurosawa theme and with a beloved female jadi being part of the story and let me tell you, it is amazing and now I want to watch all episodes.

Totally recommend it. Based on the internet's reactions, most people seem to be loving it.

Around the Network
Jpcc86 said:

1.- Empire Strikes Back
2.- A New Hope
3.-RogueOne
4.-Mandalorian
5.- Return of the Jedi
6.- Clone Wars (tv series)
7.- Revenge of the sith
8.- Force Awakens
9.- Phantom Menace
10.- Last Jedi
11.-  Attack of the Clones
12.- Solo
13.- Rise of Skywalker
14.- Clone Wars (2008 film)

Havent seen Rebels. 

I rank it pretty high, its got everything I like of the Star Wars universe, it feels self contained, expands on the universe, its got very good production values for whats essentially a tv series. It is both interesting and original and I absolutely love the pacing, goes from less to more and more in a very rewarding way for the audience.

Maybe I'll elaborate more later, as for now thats all I got. 

What I'm liking the most about it is that it is filling the gaps between the OG trilogy and the sequel trilogy quite nicely. One of my many issues with the TFA is that we were thrown into a world where the Republic and The Empire were back to the exact same state where they were before the Empire's defeat; with the only difference being that this time the rebels were called "The Resistance" and the empire was called "The New Order"

It's a bit overrated to me. I mean... it's good... but it doesn't do anything special or unique. The story, the action, the characters... I've seen all of that a thousand times before... and done better. It's a decent western with a Star Wars skin. Which I repeat, it's not bad... but it's not the masterpiece some people say it is.

At least it's certainly better than the new trilogy, Solo and the Clone Wars movie.

1. Return of the Jedi
2. The Rise of Skywalker
3. The Clone Wars show
4. Revenge of the Sith
5. The Mandalorian
6. Rogue One
7. Empire Strikes Back
8. A New Hope
9. The Force Awakens
10. Rebels show
11. The Phantom Menace
12. Attack of the Clones
13. The Star Wars Christmas Special
14. The Last Jedi

Come at me. As for The Mandalorian, I flipping love it! I grew up on old Western cowboy movies (mostly John Wayne and Clint Eastwood) so this being basically made in the same style as those older suspenseful standoff movies has been especially fun for me.

Dulfite said:

2. The Rise of Skywalker

Come at me. As for The Mandalorian, I flipping love it! I grew up on old Western cowboy movies (mostly John Wayne and Clint Eastwood) so this being basically made in the same style as those older suspenseful standoff movies has been especially fun for me.

Can I just express my sadness for this placement without having the intention of trying to argue with you about it? xD

My ranking is something like this.

1. A New Hope
2. The Empire Strikes Back
3. Return of the Jedi
4. The Mandalorian (series)
5. Rogue One
6. Rebels (series)
7. Revenge of the Sith
8. The Force Awakens
9. The Last Jedi
10. The Clone Wars (series)
11. Attack of the Clones
12. The Phantom Menace
13. The Rise of Skywalker
14. Solo

For me The Mandalorian is way up there.  I haven't enjoyed Star Wars this much since the early 80s.