By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sega can make big profit making exclusives for Microsoft like 1 or 2?

dx11332sega said:

Nintendo 3ds gets exclusive games from atlus like stella glow, etrian oddysey shin megami 5,

PS4 gets exclusives dengeki bunko, judgement , magical virtual on

I think it's time Microsoft gets exclusives too 

WHile both Nintendo and Sony dont pay anything for having Sega exclusives , How about Sega appoaches Microsoft the same way Platinum approached Microsoft in making scalebound ? Expet Sega finishes it and It's developers don't make broken promise like Platinum , Microsoft pays large bag of cash for a Sega exclusive new IP either from Yakuza team or Atlus ? Those 2 don't fail on Metacritic sure thing to bring more love to Xbox and the reward can't be any greater than a big bag of cash in return unlike Shenmue 3 exclusivity but shenmue 4 can still continue being PS5 exclusive and shin megami and etrian odyssey still exclusive to nintendo , It would be like Xbox 360,Ps3,Wii days when each had their exclusive but noone payed? So why not an exclusive for Microsoft From say atlus make something similar to persona a new series and have it xbox and PC exclusive ? And Microsoft pays Sega more bags of cash Because it's the persona dev game but not Persona just a simila. Sega can make bank.

Sounds like high effort, low rewards.

Sega should just work on bettering what they already do great.
Stalla Glow, Etrian Odyssey, SMT, Persona, ect.

" It's developers don't make broken promise like Platinum "

Microsoft mis managed the project, constantly changeing what Scalebound was to be, and with unrealistic expectation and not enough funding or time for it, to be pulled off.  Most of the blame, goes to MS, not Platinum.

You dont make drastic changes to a game, very late in developement, and not give extra time + funding.
MS did, they basically gave platinum a un-workable problem.  Platinum should have explained better, to MS that it couldn't be done, that it was unrealistic.Instead becasue of stuff like japanese culture, they just went to work on something almost impossible to pull off (due to MS meddling). When it failed, that shouldn't have come as a surprise for anyone involved in it.

Your placeing all the blame onto Platinum,.... when thats hardly fair.

"So why not an exclusive for Microsoft From say atlus make something similar to persona a new series and have it xbox and PC exclusive ?"

Because Atlus are the best in the world when it comes to turn based rpgs.
And because Microsoft fans arnt big on those.

Its a waste.... the crowd that loves those games, are mostly on Sony or Nintendo platforms.
Also Atlus is starting to put things on PC (Persona 4 Golden, was resently added to steam no? and theres more to come)

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 15 December 2020

Around the Network

Sega should make a Gamepass deal with Microsoft and put there some good older games (Like the Yakuza Series right now) Valkyria Chronicles, Persona, etc could work well in gamepass.
An Exclusive Binary Domain sequel funded for Microsoft could be succeful (We Xbox player love shooting things)

Don't see anything good coming of Sega banging in MS door to ask for money to make an exclusive, and also don't see a new IP doing that good exclusively to Xbox.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

MS is not where Sega's audience is. It would be suicide.

shikamaru317 said:

I think they could make a profit if MS acquired them. Xbox console sales in Japan would be boosted by a Sega acquisition for sure, especially if they marketed it as a Sega console. Xbox ecosystem is Xbox/PC/xCloud streaming, and xCloud has definite potential for success in Japan I think, Japan loves playing games on mobile, which xCloud allows. MS could do late Switch ports for all Sega and Atlus games if they needed a bit more money per game, MS doesn't see Nintendo as competition in the same way they see Playstation as competition.

It's amusing that people actually think that would work, Sega made consoles for 13 years in Japan and haven't released a home console in 22 years! This idea there's a substantial audience for a Sega console is laughable specially when even Sony is struggling to move significant units which has 26 continuous years of prominence.

Around the Network
dx11332sega said:

Nintendo 3ds gets exclusive games from atlus like stella glow, etrian oddysey shin megami 5,

PS4 gets exclusives dengeki bunko, judgement , magical virtual on

I think it's time Microsoft gets exclusives too 

WHile both Nintendo and Sony dont pay anything for having Sega exclusives , How about Sega appoaches Microsoft the same way Platinum approached Microsoft in making scalebound ? Expet Sega finishes it andIt's developers don't make broken promise like Platinum , Microsoft pays large bag of cash for a Sega exclusive new IP either from Yakuza team or Atlus ? Those 2 don't fail on Metacritic sure thing to bring more love to Xbox and the reward can't be any greater than a big bag of cash in return unlike Shenmue 3 exclusivity but shenmue 4 can still continue being PS5 exclusive and shin megami and etrian odyssey still exclusive to nintendo , It would be like Xbox 360,Ps3,Wii days when each had their exclusive but noone payed? So why not an exclusive for Microsoft From say atlus make something similar to persona a new series and have it xbox and PC exclusive ? And Microsoft pays Sega more bags of cash Because it's the persona dev game but not Persona just a simila. Sega can make bank.

Microsoft is the one who mismanaged Scalebound. PG tries to reflect the blame and say everyone messed up but MS track record for that generation is clear. BTW Scalebound almost killed the studio. Nier saved it. MS also mismanaged Halo Infinite. Halo MCC. Halo Wars 2, Phantom Dust Remake(asking the studio more from that game than the budget would allow so MS canned it and killed the studio). Fable Legends(canned it and killed the studio) . Crackdown 3 and why so many projects on Xbox One got canceled or turned out mediocre to terrible.

Btw Xbox had an SMT exclusive game. It bombed hard. SEGA put exclusives on Xbox at one point. They bombed. The situation with Xbox in Japan has never changed. The era of SEGA in consoles is long gone and the people who want a SEGA system are in their 30s and 40s in small but vocal communities. I'm one but I know the reality of SEGA in consoles makes no sense. They dropped out 19 years ago. SEGA made consoles for 18 years. They have been out of consoles for 19 years.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!