By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Do you guys miss going to school physically in person you want graduation ceremony like others?

Not at all.

Primary school, the only good thing there was sports on Friday afternoons instead of classes lol.

High School was kind of cool with all the metal work, wood work, music classes and sport.

Yr11 and Yr12 was a bit more serious and boring.

Uni was ok as mine was sponsored by a beer company so lots of cheap beer at the Uni bar however Engineering had a lot of Lectures also.

Even though each level of education had it's fun bits, life outside of school is just more free and relaxing. Perhaps for me I feel that way because I did my MBA full time (weekend classes all day) and worked full time I got so drained from not having any freedom to do anything fun killed any joy I had for going back lol.

Thankfully I finished with school 11 years ago and never looked back lol

Around the Network
vivster said:

I always liked going to school. Sitting around all day learning cool stuff, short hours, lots of breaks. If someone offered me to go to school for a few years again for the same pay I get now I would immediately agree. The worst part is always homework which I'm religiously against and which as the single reason why I hated school.

The best way to do homework is during classes so you have the whole day free, those were the days.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

School sucks.
I miss going to church on sundays though. ?

I am a Nintendo fanatic.

DonFerrari said:
vivster said:

I always liked going to school. Sitting around all day learning cool stuff, short hours, lots of breaks. If someone offered me to go to school for a few years again for the same pay I get now I would immediately agree. The worst part is always homework which I'm religiously against and which as the single reason why I hated school.

The best way to do homework is during classes so you have the whole day free, those were the days.

No, during classes I have to pay attention so I don't have to do the homework to learn the same stuff.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
DonFerrari said:

No, during classes I have to pay attention so I don't have to do the homework to learn the same stuff.

I read the book in like 1/4 of the time the teacher took to explain to class, done the homework in another 1/4-1/2 of the duration and still had free time during class =p

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
vivster said:

I read the book in like 1/4 of the time the teacher took to explain to class, done the homework in another 1/4-1/2 of the duration and still had free time during class =p

Why actively work when you can just sit there and let someone else explain it to you?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
DonFerrari said:

Completely agree. I absolutely despise homework so I never did them during my school time. Sadly, I barely paid attention in class either so I didn't have the best Abitur.

Then once I started my apprenticeship I took it more serious and noticed that when I paid attention in class, I barely had to do anything at home to get good grades (usually 2 hours of reading through all the stuff we did during class just before the tests).

In University it's exactly the same.

Last edited by Barozi - on 16 December 2020

vivster said:
DonFerrari said:

Why actively work when you can just sit there and let someone else explain it to you?

Because I was already there anyway and couldn't do much better stuff, this way I could finish all the way up to College without studying outside of school. Before I done that I would just not deliver homework and get a lot of notifications on my agenda to deliver home.

School was always remarkably easy for me. Took way less time than the other kids and got better results, not because I'm a genius but because school is designed in a stupid way that helps kids who think like me. University is way harder though but it has taught me to stop caring about grades because they don't really matter even though our society is always going on and on about grades

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

It's funny, when I was at University in 2009, our dorm got quarantined when someone was suspected of having Swine Flu.
Looking back on it, that was a cakewalk compared to this, but at the time I found it a terrifying time due to my OCD fixation on disease, I was so scared I was gonna die from it.