By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Los angelezs is filled with homeless on drugs now or worser

thismeintiel said:
Chris Hu said:

Homelessness in the USA is pretty much a state issue not a national issue the last president that actually cared for the homeless was LBJ a Democrat.  As far as I know no Republican president actually did anything significant to reduce the homeless problem in the USA.

Why would you want the president to be some omnipotent ruler to control everything. That's not his job, not should it be. No, this problem in popping up in Dem controlled states/cities. Instead of fixing the problem, they are encouraging it by giving out drug needles and tents, decriminalizing hard drugs, and forming poop patrols to clean up where these people just shit in the streets.

San Francisco literally built a facility where homeless people can shoot up with free needles provided by the taxpayers money. What amazing policy by our democrat leaders.

In Los Angeles 1.2 Billion taxpayer money was wasted on trying to build housing for Homeless people and the cost per unit is literally 3/4 of a million dollars, meanwhile the ever increasing taxes in this state screw over hard working people who are already struggling to pay rent lmao.

www.nbclosangeles.com/investigations/las-homeless-housing-now-costs-more-than-some-luxury-condos/2425373/%3famp

Around the Network
vivster said:

Good thing this is the country of Jesus, who famously hated the poor. So everything is in order.

thismeintiel said:
Chris Hu said:

Homelessness in the USA is pretty much a state issue not a national issue the last president that actually cared for the homeless was LBJ a Democrat.  As far as I know no Republican president actually did anything significant to reduce the homeless problem in the USA.

Why would you want the president to be some omnipotent ruler to control everything. That's not his job, not should it be. No, this problem in popping up in Dem controlled states/cities. Instead of fixing the problem, they are encouraging it by giving out drug needles and tents, decriminalizing hard drugs, and forming poop patrols to clean up where these people just shit in the streets.

Sure lets just do nothing about it and the problem will go away by itself that is the perfect solution for all problems by Republicans and right wingers.

Chris Hu said:
sales2099 said:

California has voted Democrat since Bill Clinton in the 90s. If you can’t remove homeless tents and trash that is due to the result of the people in charge, and whatever policies they believe in. 

Thanks for agreeing with me. California has been a Dem state for over 20 years. They are in charge of this. They have enacted policies that make it difficult to forcibly remove squatters. Don’t shift the blame to anybody else. 

Sure lets just do nothing about it and the problem will go away by itself that is the perfect solution for all problems by Republicans and right wingers.

So you think it’s ok for kids and people in general to be exposed to tent neighborhoods and things like open trash, human feces and needles on the street with the full blessing of the state government? 

Last edited by sales2099 - on 14 December 2020

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
Chris Hu said:

Thanks for agreeing with me. California has been a Dem state for over 20 years. They are in charge of this. They have enacted policies that make it difficult to forcibly remove squatters. Don’t shift the blame to anybody else. 

So you think it’s ok for kids and people in general to be exposed to tent neighborhoods and things like open trash, human feces and needles on the street with the full blessing of the state government? 

No that is what you guys think.  Also have you actually read any of the previous post homelessness is also a huge problem in Florida and Texas which are Republican run states.  If anything the homeless problem in the USA is a perfect example why a two party state is terrible in solving any major problems its also why we don't have universal healthcare while the rest of the developed world has it.

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
Chris Hu said:

Giving out clean needles is done to spread diseases among the general population not just addicts.  We don't live in your dream world where problems just disappear by ignoring them, most drug addicts actually come in contact with non addicts on a regular basis.

Chris Hu said:
sales2099 said:

No that is what you guys think.  Also have you actually read any of the previous post homelessness is also a huge problem in Florida and Texas which are Republican run states.  If anything the homeless problem in the USA is a perfect example why a two party state is terrible in solving any major problems its also why we don't have universal healthcare while the rest of the developed world has it.

You kinda dodging the topic and speaking on a macro level. We talking about Los Angeles having tent neighbourhoods. It’s unsafe, unclean, and worst of all, the Democrat government enacted policies to keep the status quo. Yes, forcibly moving homeless is not a easy task, but left unchecked it can really make a city look 3rd world. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
Chris Hu said:

You kinda dodging the topic and speaking on a macro level. We talking about Los Angeles having tent neighbourhoods. It’s unsafe, unclean, and worst of all, the Democrat government enacted policies to keep the status quo. Yes, forcibly moving homeless is not a easy task, but left unchecked it can really make a city look 3rd world. 

I'm not dodging the topic I'm just pointing out the fact that Republicans aren't doing any better in solving the problem.  Also I'm guessing you never traveled in the US much most cities that have a population over 3K have areas that look like 3rd world countries regardless of who is in charge.

Chris Hu said:
sales2099 said:

I'm not dodging the topic I'm just pointing out the fact that Republicans aren't doing any better in solving the problem.  Also I'm guessing you never traveled in the US much most cities that have a population over 3K have areas that look like 3rd world countries regardless of who is in charge.

Not taking the bait. We ain’t talking about the country. We talking about California, which seems to have a homeless problem on a more unique scale...mostly because it actually has the blessing of the state government. 

Post above mine seems to really nail it home how bad the Dems are running California in particular. 

This one still gets me, filling the skater park with sand so that the 75+ aged kool kids can't get covid. Politics in Cali are a big fat mess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5bqxR9qCpQ