By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Top three favorite games from the Xbox One/Playstation 4/Switch Generation

Overall? I’m afraid no PS4 game will be near a top 3 for me, and I don’t play XBox One. The PS4/XBox One gen was pretty mediocre if you asked me. I only got 13 games for PS4, which is like a third of what I got for PS3, because the rest mostly never peaked my interest. So that’s a problem right there. And then of those that I have finished less than half because the rest got boring.

Actually, beside Breath of the Wild and excluding PC it was the 3DS that had the best games this generation. So for me this gen it’s;

1. Breath of the Wild
2. Resident Evil Revelations
3. Luigi’s Mansion 2

When also discounting handhelds I think I’d go with the following, but the difference between #1 and #2 is humongous.

1. Breath of the Wild
2. Captain Toad Treasure Tracker
3. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

After that at 4 would be Rise of the Tomb Raider for me. I liked all three actually. Mortal Kombat 11 was good, have it on Switch, and I’d say that is 5, with Mario Odyssey I think as 6 but I’m not sure.

Uncharted 4 was okay but not near the quality of the second and third, I got bored of God of War like an hour or two in, already didn’t like The Last of Us 1 so I’m not going to touch 2 (especially after the word of mouth), I have Horizon but I never got around to actually play it. In fact the best PS4 exclusive to me is the MediEvil remake, which is good because the original was brilliant. Maybe that’s #6.

Around the Network

1.  Breath of the Wild
2.  Puyo Puyo Tetris
3.  Dead Cells

1. God of War 2018
2. Horizon: Zero Dawn
3. Dragon Quest XI

Breath of the wild
Super Mario Odyssey
God of War

Dragon Age Inquisition
Overwatch
Horizon

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network

1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
2. Astral Chain
3. Super Mario Odyssey

Breath of the Wild
God of War
Persona 5

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Breath of the Wild
Super Mario Odyssey
God Of War

Currently playing Witcher so we'll see if that manages to squeeze in there.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

1: Persona 5
2: Dragon Quest XI
3: Tie between Final Fantasy VII Remake and Nier: Automata

1. Breath Of The Wild

2. NieR Automata

3. Super Mario Odyssey

Though there's still several great games from this gen that I've not played, I have the feeling DQXI or Persona 5 would crack into my top 3. Also, I'm not counting remasters, otherwise Tales of Vesperia DE would be in the top 3.