By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Hyrule Warriors 1 vs Age of Calamity

Which is better?

Hyrule Warriors 1 8 32.00%

Age of Calamity 17 68.00%

Total:25

Which do you feel was the better game, and why?

Around the Network

Everything about AoC is superior where it counts. The story canonically fits within the story of BotW (albiet an alternate timeline), and therefore feels more genuine as a result. Each character feels unique in AoC, welcoming somewhat different options for play style. The level design feels a bit deeper than your typical warriors game as well.

The first Hyrule Warriors just felt like a celebration of the IP, while AoC feels like an actual entry in its own right...just with Warriors gameplay instead of being an adventure/puzzle game.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Just a heads up, some of us haven't finished Age of Calamity yet so please mark all spoilers as such, thanks.

I like the first game a lot but it's just a tribute to the series and feels like a reskinned existing DW game. AOC feels custom and tells a good Zelda story. Plus the combos using BOTW mechanics is excellent. AOC feels more open than it is where HW feels constrained like any DW map. I feel more free in the gameplay of AOC. Music is also top-notch despite not being remixed by Zelda tunes. AOC is not a tribute to the Zelda series. It feels like an extension of it.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

I cannot decide yet... Hyrule Warriors is one of my favourites of all time... Spent like 600 plus hours across Wii U and Switch.
Definitive Edition definitely has more content. But I don't think the base game when it released had more content than Age of Calamity does now. Age of Calamity has made me love Breath of the Wild even more (its world, its characters). I'm actually enjoying some aspects of Age of Calamity much more than Breath of the Wild (Story presentation, combat, MUSIC, weapon system)... But that is a bit off topic...

I think Hyrule Warriors Wii U (without any of the extra content) isn't as whole of an experience as Age of Calamity's base game. I still have yet to finish Age of Calamity, but I can confidently say it is better in that regard... As of now, the edge goes to Definitive Edition, but that may change once I finish the base game and if it gets any substantial DLC.

I do love both games very much, and am very happy to see this sub-series do so well.

1doesnotsimply

Around the Network

I’m not that far yet, halfway through Chapter 2 (so I did four or five battles), but for now I think I like the original a bit better. We’ll see what happens, so I won’t vote yet.

I'm 3/4 of the way through Age of Calamity so far, and unless it takes a nosedive in the final 4 missions, it has my vote.

I like the art style of the first game better, but AoC has much more varied gameplay thanks to the runes and elements plus the Divine Beasts, plus a better story.

I like both but for me the first game's a 7/10 to Age of Calamity's 8/10.

Too early for me to tell at this point. I need to get back with you when I complete the game or play a ton more hours.

missing options > did not buy/play?

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

In my opinion Age of Calamity and by a far margin.