By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumor: Silent Hills revival and Metal Gear Solid remake coming to PS5 | Silent Hills to possibly be announced at Game Awards 2020

[SOURCE]

As always, take this with a grain of salt, but if true, man, it would really restore a lot of good will for Konami for their past transgressions and be quite a boon for Sony, though MS would probably make ES6 full-on exclusive to combat this.

Around the Network

I don't think I buy the MGS remake rumor, given that they are listing Bluepoint as the developer. They just released Demon's Souls Remake for the PS5. I doubt they are big enough to develop 2 huge games side by side like that. Plus there is a rumor that Sony is looking to buy Bluepoint, and Demon's Souls was their "test". Doubt Bluepoint (or Sony for that matter) would be willing to split their focus if they had so much to gain, and to lose, with Demon's Souls performance.

And there is Silent Hills rumor, which has been going around for more than 1 year. By this point, not sure I believe that anymore.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

im gona go and believe it as that guy has been spot on a lot stuff not just the god of war stuff. He knew the performance gap would be null, he knew amd would match nvidea on regular performance but be a bit behind in raytracing.

ES6 is so far away that I dont think it would help at all. this is supposed to be ready for next year but might get pushed to 2022 because they cant fit more games in the year apparently.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

So Zone of the Enders 3 and Metal Gear Rising 2 remain canceled. So I can continue hating Konami.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

shikamaru317 said:
Nautilus said:

I don't think I buy the MGS remake rumor, given that they are listing Bluepoint as the developer. They just released Demon's Souls Remake for the PS5. I doubt they are big enough to develop 2 huge games side by side like that. Plus there is a rumor that Sony is looking to buy Bluepoint, and Demon's Souls was their "test". Doubt Bluepoint (or Sony for that matter) would be willing to split their focus if they had so much to gain, and to lose, with Demon's Souls performance.

And there is Silent Hills rumor, which has been going around for more than 1 year. By this point, not sure I believe that anymore.

Actually I seem to recall reading like a year or 2 ago that they had 2 projects in development after they finished Shadow of the Colossus. They also released a poem for Christmas last year that seemed to tease that they were working on both MGS and Demon's Souls remasters, with the line "In stealthily wrapped boxes" being a tease for MGS and the line "Hope for adventure and victory spread" being a tease for Demon's Souls. 

Hopefully you are right.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

I hope its not mgs1 as we had a remake with twin snakes. Mgs 2 which I think it's the better game and mgs 3 would have a full Blown remake

Very unlikely to have a full remaster of MGS1 using the Fox engine as a full $60 game. The game design is so outdated that it would be even weird to play it today. But I can see a twin snakes remaster version being released digitally. To have a proper remake the game would have to be redesigned totally, new areas to be created etc.
What I would LOVE to see though would be a "metal gear solid zero" game, condensing the stories of Metal Gear 1 and Metal Gear 2 with the first fights with big boss, the first ninja and connecting everything with Metal Gear Solid 1. Will probably never happen though.

I will take that with a mountain of salt even if a good new.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

EnricoPallazzo said:

Very unlikely to have a full remaster of MGS1 using the Fox engine as a full $60 game. The game design is so outdated that it would be even weird to play it today. But I can see a twin snakes remaster version being released digitally. To have a proper remake the game would have to be redesigned totally, new areas to be created etc.
What I would LOVE to see though would be a "metal gear solid zero" game, condensing the stories of Metal Gear 1 and Metal Gear 2 with the first fights with big boss, the first ninja and connecting everything with Metal Gear Solid 1. Will probably never happen though.

You do know it would be a full on remake right? The bolded is exactly what would happen. MGS1 remake would be like Ground Zeros x 100.

I doubt it. Konami has burnt too many bridges to bring back Silent Hills the way it was shaping up to be. If they do try to revive Silent Hill, it won't be anything like P.T., and it definitively won't have any of the big names attached to the original project.
As for Metal Gear, I can see an HD remake of the original, that seems cheap and safe, especially with little actual next gen software releasing.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.