By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How many games have you bought in 2020 so far?

How many games have you bought in 2020 so far?

None 66 7.31%

1 - 4 239 26.47%

5 - 9 254 28.13%

10 - 14 130 14.40%

15 - 19 43 4.76%

20 - 24 31 3.43%

25 - 29 28 3.10%

30 - 39 25 2.77%

40 - 50 13 1.44%

More than 50 74 8.19%

Total:903

I haven't bought many games this year thanks to Game Pass. Most recently I purchased Assassin's Creed Valhalla and Katamari Damacy Reroll. The majority of games nowadays if it isn't on Game Pass I wait until they are half off or less before buying them. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Around the Network
Machina said:

I won't count my Humble Bundle subscription or the separate bundles I've purchased, just games I've bought individually:

• Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

Wait? WHAT? You finally listened to me!

Signature goes here!

Ignoring Humble Monthly I have bought exactly 6 games for the total of 134€. In the same time frame I have spent 370€ on Rocket League. I don't plan to buy another game this year, but I will probably spend more on RL.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I haven't counted. Some I got dirt cheap on PSN. I'd say about 10-14. There's another 5 or so games I've wanted to get, but haven't because of prices or time.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 144 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million)

PS5: 105 million Xbox Series S/X: 60 million

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

TruckOSaurus said:
Machina said:

I won't count my Humble Bundle subscription or the separate bundles I've purchased, just games I've bought individually:

• Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

Wait? WHAT? You finally listened to me!

Unfortunately I only learned afterwards that no one plays online on the highest difficulty you're able to select when starting from scratch, so I soon got bored and stopped playing it.

Around the Network

Tokyo Mirage Sessions Encore (Switch)

Metro Redux (Switch)

Animal Crossing (Switch)

REmake 3 (PS4)

FFVII Remake (PS4)

The Last of Us 2 (PS4)

Paper Mario Origami King (Switch)

Xenoblade Chronicles DE (Switch)

Outer Worlds (Switch)

Mario 3D Allstars (Switch)

Cuphead (Switch)

Control (Switch)

Assassin's Creed Valhalla (Series X)

Yakuza Like a Dragon (Series X)

Cadence of Hyrule (Switch physical)

Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity (Switch)

Kind of a light year overall, but I think thats it.  If I remember anything else I will add in an edit.  The only other game I can see myself getting would be Cyberpunk on Series X.

EDIT forgot about...

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (Switch)

Trials of Mana Remake (Switch)

Last edited by Shiken - on 23 November 2020

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

2 for PS4

12 for Switch

15 for PC

PC and Switch have Hades (double dip)

What I can recall Bought nioh2 March 13 start of the pandemic here in ph haha I rushed to get a physical copy! Then resident evil 3 digital Ff7, remake digital The last of us part 2 digital Ghost of tsushima digital Far cry 3 ps4 digital sales Gore guns cannoli whatever that title is haha digital sales Trials rising digital sales

I don't know the exact number so I'll list hereby below in order to find this out. - Need For Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered (Switch) - Rise of the Tomb Raider (PS4) - Final Fantasy VII (Switch) - Civilisation VI (Switch) - Two Points Hospital (Switch) - Valkyria Chronicles (Switch) - Spyro Trilogy (Switch) - Borderlands Collection (Switch) - Bioshock Collection (Switch) - NBA 2K20 (Switch) - Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4) - The Witcher 1 (Steam) - Theme Hospital (Gog) - Mario + Rabbids (Switch) - Control (Switch) - God Of War (PS4) - Let's Sing 2019 (Switch) - Journey To Planet Savage (Switch) - Super Mario 3D All Stars (Switch) - Just Dance 2019 (Switch) - Doom (Switch) - Doom 3 (Switch) - Ori and the blind forest (Switch) - South Park: Stick of Truth (Switch) - South Park: Fractured but whole (Switch) - Assassin's Creed: Rebel Collection (Switch) Gosh, 26 games.

"Quagmire, are you the type of guy who takes 'no' for an answer ?"
"My lawyer doesn't allow me to answer that question"

PSN ID: skmblake | Feel free to add me

This year the prices of the games rise a lot in my country, and also our money lost its value compared to dolar, so even buying in other country it good so expensive. Therefore is the year I bought the least games in a long time. Animal crossing, xenoblade 1 and resident evil revelations 2. And I am planning to get HW age of calamity. Luckily i still have plenty of games i bought in previous years and havent played.