By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Scalper are getting robbed by customers force

I wonder how frequent this is. Price gouging is illegal in many places, so how many scaulpers would actually try to sue for robbery when they could be countersued themselves. Then again, we are talking about video game consoles, not basic necessity products.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

My brother in law works for walmart and my sister (not a gamer at all) told me yesterday that she's been buying Xbox series X consoles* for $450 and selling them for $550. I said "YOU FOOL! Get me one."

I should get a few...but this has me thinking.

*She somehow knows exactly when they go on sale and he has the 10% discount

I dont really care that much about scalpers. If there are people out there dumb enough to pay 1000$+ for a 500$ console, then let them.

Can't feel sympathy for them. Sure some may need to earn their keep to pay bills, but how they work isn't something I applaud.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

This is fucked up. I hate scalpers as much as anyone else, but it's within their right to sell of their purchased good at any price they want, and not get robbed at gunpoint because of that.Hope the police catches these robbers.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network
d21lewis said:

My brother in law works for walmart and my sister (not a gamer at all) told me yesterday that she's been buying Xbox series X consoles* for $450 and selling them for $550. I said "YOU FOOL! Get me one."

Seems she is selling them at a very low price. She could easily sell them for 700, 800 dollars.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

shikamaru317 said:

It's a shame that retailers still aren't putting anti-scalping measures into place. Restocks are selling out in seconds because there are no anti-bot measures in place. Retailers are letting employees buy more than one console with their employee discounts, which they are subsequently reselling at jacked up prices on eBay. These launches are the worst handled console launches I have ever seen.

It's hard to prevent especially when regular people are buying these consoles then seeing how much they go for online and thinking... "hmm I can wait" and selling their systems.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Nautilus said:
d21lewis said:

Seems she is selling them at a very low price. She could easily sell them for 700, 800 dollars.

That's why I called her a fool! She says she can get me one this week. I hope that's the case but after seeing threads saying that they're all sold out for the year, I guess we'll just have to see. I'll call her in an hour or two. Don't really want one for myself just yet but if she can get one, why not?

d21lewis said:
Nautilus said:
d21lewis said:

That's why I called her a fool! She says she can get me one this week. I hope that's the case but after seeing threads saying that they're all sold out for the year, I guess we'll just have to see. I'll call her in an hour or two. Don't really want one for myself just yet but if she can get one, why not?

Good luck to you man! I feel envious.

Nautilus said:
d21lewis said:
Nautilus said:
d21lewis said:

Good luck to you man! I feel envious.

I sent her a text