By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS5 vs Series X performance - A dev opinion

SvennoJ said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:
On many multiplats, where direct comparison is possible, performance of both PS5 and XBSX versions will be liimited from the fact of being scaled up versions of games that must run as flawlessly as possible on XBSS too. In the best cases just CPU and main RAM usage will be necessarily taylored to XBSS, while graphics will be natively taylored to PS5 and XBSX and scaled down on XBSS. XBSS... More than 70 years passed and those f*ing SS keep on doing damage. The good thing is that on PC 16GB main RAM plus as much graphics RAM as each gamer wants or can afford will be totally fine for the whole next gen.

16 GB system ram isn't really enough for FS2020, I will go for 24 or 32 GB for my next pc or laptop. Windows 10 currently uses a 26 GB page file on my SSD to keep FS2020 and Firefox co-existing. When I had a smaller page file on my HDD the game slowed down to a crawl and/or crashed.

Task manager only shows it having 6 GB in use atm (saw it up to 10GB before), but I never trust that number. It never adds up to what's in use in total or why such a large page file is necessary, but it is necessary or it crashes. Committed 32.7 GB / 39.9 GB.

What a hog of a game! If FS standard hasn't lowered, I guess all that RAM is put to good use, but I wonder how it can even start on XBOne 8GB...
I guess Win 10, rather than FS2020, has something to do with that memory management mess.
Memory hogs apart, games developed multiplat since the start, and keeping XBSS limits in mind, should be fine enough, even though not at their top.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network
Alby_da_Wolf said:
SvennoJ said:

16 GB system ram isn't really enough for FS2020, I will go for 24 or 32 GB for my next pc or laptop. Windows 10 currently uses a 26 GB page file on my SSD to keep FS2020 and Firefox co-existing. When I had a smaller page file on my HDD the game slowed down to a crawl and/or crashed.

Task manager only shows it having 6 GB in use atm (saw it up to 10GB before), but I never trust that number. It never adds up to what's in use in total or why such a large page file is necessary, but it is necessary or it crashes. Committed 32.7 GB / 39.9 GB.

What a hog of a game! If FS standard hasn't lowered, I guess all that RAM is put to good use, but I wonder how it can even start on XBOne 8GB...
I guess Win 10, rather than FS2020, has something to do with that memory management mess.
Memory hogs apart, games developed multiplat since the start, and keeping XBSS limits in mind, should be fine enough, even though not at their top.

True, before FS2020 I had the page file disabled. never needed it with 16GB ram, Elite Dangerous, Forza Horizon 4 on Ultra, never even got close to filling up the system RAM. For FS2020 I put a small one on my HDD hoping windows would stick stuff there to free up memory for FS2020. However either FS2020 needs too much or Windows is simply not smart enough to prioritize who gets the real ram (all those adds on here probably lol)