By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Miyamoto: Nintendo Still Hardcore-Friendly

Words Of Wisdom said:
Rock_on_2008 said:
Nintendo solely focusing on the casual gamers which is the larger market.

Do you ever get tired of posting flamebait in Wii-related threads? Is someone paying you to do it or are you really that bored (lack of games on your consoles to play maybe)?

If lack of games were a reason for people to spend more time on forums, it would certainly explain why Vgchartz was dominated by Nintendo fanboys in 2007.

Around the Network
Rock_on_2008 said:
80% of the market are casual gamers. Focusing on the casuals is a great move by Nintendo.

Except that's not what they're doing.  They're aiming at both. 

It's a lot like a little boy getting upset when he finds out that his parents are going to have a baby girl.  All of a sudden the little boy isn't the sole focus of attention.

Nintendo is still releasing their franchises, but they're releasing new ones too.  The little boy isn't going to suddenly stop getting Christmas presents just because the little girl gets some too.

MontanaHatchet said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
Rock_on_2008 said:

Do you ever get tired of posting flamebait in Wii-related threads? Is someone paying you to do it or are you really that bored (lack of games on your consoles to play maybe)?

If lack of games were a reason for people to spend more time on forums, it would certainly explain why Vgchartz was dominated by Nintendo fanboys in 2007.

I've always maintained that it's the 360 owners and PC gamers that are out playing their platforms of choice while the rest are here arguing it up.

Words Of Wisdom said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
Rock_on_2008 said:

I've always maintained that it's the 360 owners and PC gamers that are out playing their platforms of choice while the rest are here arguing it up.

It would make sense, they do have the best games.

This guy is full of shit, and it pisses me off that he always lies about this. He keeps on saying this, but then Nintendo never produces. Super Mario Galaxy was so linear and easy compared to past 3d Mario game's. The controls and level design was way too simple and primitive. What happen to us having to actually use our brains in Mario games? The game never put us in a position where we had to figure any thing out.

They could have put some effort into Smash Brothers' online as well. Most of the time the game is unplayable in random matches, due to lag and just not working at all sometimes. I don't see how any of this is hardcore friendly. Core gamers want and respect quality gameplay. That's all it takes to please true core gamers.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
Rock_on_2008 said:

It would make sense, they do have the best games.

Can't wait for Mass Effect on the PC hopefully without the frame rate problems the 360 version saw too.  Of course, now we're just getting off-topic. 

I agree with Miyamoto, Nintendo doesn't forget hardcore gamers, take a look at this list.

Nintendo Wii games.

Hardcore Games:

- Super Mario Galaxy.
- Metroid Prime 3.
- The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.
- Mario Kart Wii.
- Battalion Wars 2.
- Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn.
- Excite Truck.
- Mario Strikers: Charged Football.
- Super Paper Mario.
- Super Smash Bros Brawl.

Casual Games:

- Wii Sports.
- Wii Play.
- Wii Fit.
- Mario Party 8.
- Big Brain Academy.
- Wario Ware Smooth Moves.

Riot Of The Blood said:
This guy is full of shit, and it pisses me off that he always lies about this. He keeps on saying this, but then Nintendo never produces. Super Mario Galaxy was so linear and easy compared to past 3d Mario game's. The controls and level design was way too simple and primitive. What happen to us having to actually use our brains in Mario games? The game never put us in a position where we had to figure any thing out.

They could have put some effort into Smash Brothers' online as well. Most of the time the game is unplayable in random matches, due to lag and just not working at all sometimes. I don't see how any of this is hardcore friendly. Core gamers want and respect quality gameplay. That's all it takes to please true core gamers.

Super Mario Galaxy was easy because we've already played 64 and the controls minus the waggle/IR pointer are pretty much identical.  It's like playing the first .hack game.  At first you may have some trouble figuring out what does what but after that first initial learning curve you can easily go out and play most of them without a hitch.

As for SSBB... most of the time?  Is that why you're always losing. 

Bruno Muñoz B said:
I agree with Miyamoto, Nintendo doesn't forget hardcore gamers, take a look at this list.

Nintendo Wii games.

- Super Mario Galaxy.
- Metroid Prime 3.
- The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.
- Mario Kart Wii.
- Battalion Wars 2.
- Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn.
- Excite Truck.
- Mario Strikers: Charged Football.
- Super Paper Mario.
- Super Smash Bros Brawl.
- Wii Sports.
- Wii Play.
- Wii Fit.
- Mario Party 8.
- Big Brain Academy.
- Wario Ware Smooth Moves.

No way man those games are all attractive to casual gamers too. That is why Wii sells well it appeals to the majority of people- soccer moms, kids, elderly, teenagers, females, males, etc. Wii sells mainly due to its price advantage and its easy motion control.

Miyamotao-sama arigato gozaimesu. Ole wa more than proud to see that you've never forgotten us now even my mom play with me Mario Kart Wii and I swear god it's makin' feel so so happy, and as core gamer I've never felt that wii sport or wii play aren't really games no never they are games just like any sports.
Of course there are some games that never comes to causual my mom can't play Fire Emblem lol and of course I wish this will never happen lol.