By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Out of stock for the Xbox Series X in Europe.

The GameCube, WiiU were not successful in Europe, so I'm not sure I would agree that Europe is that inclined towards Nintendo. I'd say they're inclined towards Nintendo when Nintendo releases great games, which brings me to the next point:

At the end of the day, the general audience care about games. The Xbox 360 was a hit in Europe (not just for an Xbox) because it focused on games, games, games (in its first half of its lifespan anyway). The Xbox Series are geared towards games as well. And unlike the 360, I can guarantee that in the second half of the Xbox Series's lifespan, there won't be a sudden focus on a Kinect 2.0; the focus will still be games. I think there is the potential for Xbox Series to come close to Xbox 360 numbers in Europe.

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
MS had months of pre-order to gauge demand for launch, so if they supplied just a little over the Pre-Order to those countries then it would be sold out no matter what. This can't really show if it sold good or not, I hope it had healthy sales. From what I have seem on several posts through VGC, seems like Xbox Series worldwide sold about 1.1M or so, a little above X1.

Pre-orders didn't go live till Sept. 22nd.  7 weeks wouldn't of been enough time to gauge demand and then then tell the factories how many to make and then how many to ship.  Everything that could be produced was produced and shipped.  The only thing pre-orders showed was that more people wanted an Xbox than were going to be available.  Demand for the Xbox will continue to outpace supply for many more months.  By the time supply starts to meet demand, Microsoft should provide a console exclusive to further add to demand. If not, sales will drop.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

DroidKnight said:
DonFerrari said:
MS had months of pre-order to gauge demand for launch, so if they supplied just a little over the Pre-Order to those countries then it would be sold out no matter what. This can't really show if it sold good or not, I hope it had healthy sales. From what I have seem on several posts through VGC, seems like Xbox Series worldwide sold about 1.1M or so, a little above X1.

Pre-orders didn't go live till Sept. 22nd.  7 weeks wouldn't of been enough time to gauge demand and then then tell the factories how many to make and then how many to ship.  Everything that could be produced was produced and shipped.  The only thing pre-orders showed was that more people wanted an Xbox than were going to be available.  Demand for the Xbox will continue to outpace supply for many more months.  By the time supply starts to meet demand, Microsoft should provide a console exclusive to further add to demand. If not, sales will drop.

7 weeks (and prior to that mindshare and social media discussion) would be enough to decide the amount of inventory that would be send to each territory even if didn't impact total production. So it would be very unlikely that Xbox wouldn't be sold out. We can't really determine if it will sell good or bad from now on based solely on that (even more without knowing how much was sent).

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
DroidKnight said:
DonFerrari said:

7 weeks (and prior to that mindshare and social media discussion) would be enough to decide the amount of inventory that would be send to each territory even if didn't impact total production. So it would be very unlikely that Xbox wouldn't be sold out. We can't really determine if it will sell good or bad from now on based solely on that (even more without knowing how much was sent).

Well you stated yourself +1 million sold first day that's not a low amount of shipment and we know that a lot of stores have to fullfill pre orders. In my personal experience my store doesn't allow the series X/PS5 to get pre ordered because the list is to big.

DonFerrari said:
DroidKnight said:
DonFerrari said:

If it was as easy as you put it, neither the XSS nor the PS5 would have stock issues at the moment since they both had 7 weeks to gauge the demand.

Around the Network
konnichiwa said:
DonFerrari said:
DroidKnight said:
DonFerrari said:

Well you stated yourself +1 million sold first day that's not a low amount of shipment and we know that a lot of stores have to fullfill pre orders. In my personal experience my store doesn't allow the series X/PS5 to get pre ordered because the list is to big.

That is in line with X1, sure it isn't a small quantity, but certainly could be near doubled. Doesn't change the fact that being sold out for a couple months don't tell us if the console will succeed or not.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

chakkra said:
DonFerrari said:
DroidKnight said:
DonFerrari said:

If it was as easy as you put it, neither the XSS nor the PS5 would have stock issues at the moment since they both had 7 weeks to gauge the demand.

I said it was easy? And will ignore that platform holders love to say they are sold out on launch? As long as you are nearly meeting demand while keeping sold out you are at a very good PR position without leaving to much revenue not received.

DonFerrari said:
chakkra said:
DonFerrari said:
DroidKnight said:
DonFerrari said:

I said it was easy? And will ignore that platform holders love to say they are sold out on launch? As long as you are nearly meeting demand while keeping sold out you are at a very good PR position without leaving to much revenue not received.

I don't think either MS or Sony would be happy selling fewer units just so they could say that they were sold out. At the end of the day, "we sold 2m units at launch" sounds much better than "we were sold out," and it is much more profitable.

chakkra said:
DonFerrari said:
chakkra said:

I don't think either MS or Sony would be happy selling fewer units just so they could say that they were sold out. At the end of the day, "we sold 2m units at launch" sounds much better than "we were sold out," and it is much more profitable.

Guess you didn't got my point, it isn't substantially sold out. It is like instead of selling 2M and being sold out, selling 2.1M and not being sold out.

Seems super over supplied in our region (South Africa) and we get stock from UK channels.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|