By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Godfall seems to be PS5 timed console exclusive for 6 months

I believe Sony helped fund development and advertise this title in return for the exclusive launch window of 6 months. Was it worth it? We will have to wait and see really. It could be a flop on all platforms.



 

Around the Network

Game looks pretty damn generic to me. I don't really see any unique selling point for it, aside from being a launch title. This is probably gonna end up heavily overshadowed by other games.



Timed exclusive is dumb as hell. First it's not consumer friendly and second most time the game is forgotten when it launch on the rest of the platforms and underperforms.



So I can not play it on multiple devices, rather than just not play it on one? Cool!

Jk around, I know nothing about the game other than reading from some who weren't impressed. I have no opinion.



Dulfite said:
So I can not play it on multiple devices, rather than just not play it on one? Cool!

Jk around, I know nothing about the game other than reading from some who weren't impressed. I have no opinion.

At first I though the game was very bad, but after seeing more of it my opinion changed and seems an Ok one.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
Dulfite said:
So I can not play it on multiple devices, rather than just not play it on one? Cool!

Jk around, I know nothing about the game other than reading from some who weren't impressed. I have no opinion.

At first, I thought the game was very bad, but after seeing more of it my opinion changed and seems an Ok one.

Nah, you were right the first time this game just doesn't look good. I would never spend full retail price on this game. At the very least people should wait for the reviews. If this game gets above an 80 Metacritic I will be shocked. 



Tommy Jean, CPA, CGA

I’ll buy it for dirt cheap or wait for GamePass. Looks like a generic launch title.



yvanjean said:
DonFerrari said:

At first, I thought the game was very bad, but after seeing more of it my opinion changed and seems an Ok one.

Nah, you were right the first time this game just doesn't look good. I would never spend full retail price on this game. At the very least people should wait for the reviews. If this game gets above an 80 Metacritic I will be shocked. 

I won't pay full price on it as well, since it isn't the genre I usually play I probably won't even buy it when it gets a lot cheaper.

Can't say Xbox only owner will miss much if any at all by not having this game available at launch. Worse case scenario in 6 months the game improves with inputs from PS users and whenever it shows up on Xbox it will be a better game.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."