By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - I'm A New Member recently!

I just wanted to say thank you 4 accepting me to this wawesome site,

I've been lingering here for quite a while now maybe 7 years ago and just decided to create an account this year don't really know why haha!

I do have a question though!

What happened to the software sales?!

I liked seeing numbers and the last time we got em was 2018?

Red dead 2 had most sales!

I wanna see data about 2019 and of course beyond sorry haha hopefully we get it back soon ey?

Thanks again for accepting me peace!

Around the Network

Welcome!

Feels a bit like the site has moved on from sales numbers. Perhaps it was just a shit ton of effort to keep it even remotely accurate.

I see you have also joined in the middle of a new generation of console launches!

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Hello and welcome! The sales data for software disappeared right around when the site's owner abandoned the place and stopped caring, more or less. There's a team of people working on technical issues and such, and they're doing brilliantly, but the main attraction has lost some of its, well, attraction. Discussions still happen and we're still alive though.

You said you've been stalking for 7 years, what stopped you from creating an account earlier?

Welcome to the site haha!

Okay

If you require alcohol to have fun, then you have a problem

Around the Network

Welcome! I also visited this site maybe for a year and then created an account ^^

Software sales stopped at the end of 2018 because some sources stopped delivering data and estimates wouln't have beent precise enough on a weekly base (afaik). There are still software shipment updates for titles and series based on official announcements, but rather irregular. On the other hand, hardware sales are being updated more regularly than ever before ^^

Welcome to the site.

And basically because so much of the software sales are digital the tracking became impractical.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Welcome to VGChartz, hope you enjoy your time here!
I also lurked here for a while before making my account.

What kinda games are you into, what platform(s) do you play on?

Welcome, fellow lurker :)

Thanks for the warm welcome and replies peeps!
I always wanted to join in the discussion before but I dunno I was too busy playing games?
Or I just didn't wanna get myself involved in the sites politics haha!

This is my #1 site when I look for gaming news and u guyz never fail to deliver!
I always share vgchartz article on Facebook!
And recently opened new accounts for Twitter and efuse still sharing some of articles haha!

My current platforms are ps4 maybe sometimes ps3 just to play 4 player split screen black ops2 zombies haha and also currently playing Pokemon on 2ds trying to get a new record from the battle maison!
Also playing among us on mobile phone haha!

I will always stay tuned to this site,
More power and more years to come for team vgchartz!