By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Spiderman Miles M. ps5 video showing the game loading time or lack of one is kinda crazy

Quite impressive. Can't wait to see the comparisons with other games.

Around the Network

So we have gone back to the era of cartridge games load times. aka none at all. I think that is why I am not jumping up and down over this. I see this daily playing retro games that I am used to it lol. Yes itt is impressive tech but at the same time it took us 30 years to advance to the point where we were 30 years ago lol

Last edited by Leynos - on 31 October 2020

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Not sure if anyone here follows MooreLasDead, but he is gona have a podcast next week with some big Third party Dev. He said he could not say who it is yet to stay tuned. But He claimed that he was told by devs that its not that load times are shorter on the ps5, but that the concept of loading is completely gone for the ps5. Just like back in the days of cartridges. Im intrigued.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

That's awesome. They didn't even waste any time there with the usual business of intro logos. Or is that just quick resume, from the game already running in the background? In any case, the less loading times to sit through next gen, the better.

Be interesting to see AC Odysseys load times - currently playing on my PS4 Pro and it takes ages to start the game and then you have another wait for the save games.

Around the Network
Angelus said:
That's awesome. They didn't even waste any time there with the usual business of intro logos. Or is that just quick resume, from the game already running in the background? In any case, the less loading times to sit through next gen, the better.

this is a "cold boot" into spiderman (not a quick resume).
You can tell by the fact that it starts up to the start screen, before he loads a save game.

Cold boot of a spiderman here takes ~8 sec.
The save game load time is around ~2sec, from the menu before hes inside the game.

Quick resume, would probably be even faster than the "load save data" option (that took 2sec).
Basically imagine a 1sec, quick resume for a game (there was a exsample of this on resetera or neogaf (i forget which)), its basically instant.

JRPGfan said:
Angelus said:

this is a "cold boot" into spiderman (not a quick resume).
You can tell by the fact that it starts up to the start screen, before he loads a save game.

Cold boot of a spiderman here takes ~8 sec.
The save game load time is around ~2sec, from the menu before hes inside the game.

Quick resume, would probably be even faster than the "load save data" option (that took 2sec).
Basically imagine a 1sec, quick resume for a game (there was a exsample of this on resetera or neogaf (i forget which)), its basically instant.

Nice. Surprising to see a developer forgo splashing their logos, title cards, etc on screen before sending you into the menu, but man would it be lovely if we saw more of that. I mean hell, we already paid for the game anyway boys....we know who made it....just let us play lol.

Leynos said:

So we have gone back to the era of cartridge games load times. aka none at all. I think that is why I am not jumping up and down over this. I see this daily playing retro games that I am used to it lol. Yes itt is impressive tech but at the same time it took us 30 years to advance to the point where we were 30 years ago lol

Where we were 30 years ago had cartridges with less than 1MB of storage...

It appears to be in Norwegian, I wonder who this person could be. Looks like a standard, messy boy's room at any house.

And here on 'PC' it takes me a full 5 minutes (logos disabled / auto skipped) from starting FS 2020 to to point where I can press 'Fly', from a 2.5 GB/s SSD. And that's already optimized from how it was at release (8 minutes+ depending on community folder size, keeping that empty now)