By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Got my PS5 second controller and Charging station today! (As good as you hope!)

Yeah, my local gamestop sent me a message telling me to come pick it up a couple days ago. Got a controller and charging station to go along my other consoles and....guys, this might very well be the best controller ever. I know it's far too early to know that and it might just be the hype getting the better of me, but honestly, it feels truly sublime. 

If I was to describe it, I would say it both looks and feels like a perfect blend of PS4 controllers and Xbox One controllers (Two of the best controllers out there). It has a shape akin to an Xbox One controller, with triggers and shoulder buttons that feel like the Ps4 controller, face buttons that feel like the Ps4 controller, sticks that feel like Xbox One controllers, and just the right amount of heft and girth. I personally prefer the PS4 controller to the Xbox One controller (I found the face, shoulder, and other buttons superior to the Xbox One, as well as the D-pad, while I felt the Xbox had better thumb sticks overall and an arguably better, more filling girth), but both are outstanding. 

Last gen I did a thing comparing the PS4 controller, the Xbox One controller, and the Switch Pro controller, and basically concluded that a perfect controller would be a mix of the PS4 and Xbox One controllers, and this is pretty much exactly what I got. It's the best of both controllers, and it has that lovely touch pad, too. All it's missing is amiibo support! (I kid, I kid.)

I hope those images work! Anywho, my lovely PS5 controller is sitting there waiting to be used while on the docking/charging station! Gonna be a hell of a sweet ride! 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network

Congrats! Hope you enjoy it, keep us up to date on your gaming experiences with it.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Play some games on PC or mobile and let us know how it is compared to the DS4.

Also the pictures aren't loading. 

Congrats.
The controller did look really well designed from the get go, im glad you are getting such good first impressions.
Do tell how amazing/not-amazing Demon's Souls is once you play it, I know thats probably gonna be your first game.

jason1637 said:

Play some games on PC or mobile and let us know how it is compared to the DS4.

Also the pictures aren't loading. 

I should do that. I do have Skyrim on here. 

Jpcc86 said:
Congrats.
The controller did look really well designed from the get go, im glad you are getting such good first impressions.
Do tell how amazing/not-amazing Demon's Souls is once you play it, I know thats probably gonna be your first game.

Oh, that is 100% the first game I'mma play, but I'm going to have a hell of a time transferring over all my PS4 digital games to the PS5 (I have a 4TB External that I'll be filling with games I love). Not sure if I can transfer them or copy them from one drive to another, though. Anyone know how? I have the drive already and like 3TB worth of games to put on it, and if I can save myself the hassle by copying all my existing stuff over...I'll be happy. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Around the Network

Grats on your new DualSense!

Quick question how much resistance is there with the new triggers? More or less than a DS4 or about the same

Congrats.

And I still can't preorder the console yet. I guess I'll have to wait till launch day and try my luck.

Yeah, the dual sense looks like a really well thought out and built controller. Would like to see impressions further down the line.

hinch said:
Grats on your new DualSense!

Quick question how much resistance is there with the new triggers? More or less than a DS4 or about the same

I would say it's hard to tell. I definitely think the triggers have more resistance by default, but it's not by much so there's a chance that's simply a matter of wear and tear. I've had the PS4 controller I compared it to at least 5 years, so I am not so sure they're comparable. That said, I definitely noticed a difference. 

Also, they've got fancy magic technology in them that actively resists in some games and for some features. The resistance will be greater when it's necessary, or so I'm reading. 

finalrpgfantasy said:
Congrats.

And I still can't preorder the console yet. I guess I'll have to wait till launch day and try my luck.

Thanks! And don't worry, I'm sure the wait/delay will be worth it if you don't get it. We're all hyped, but it is a first world problem of sorts. Gotta keep that perspective. Still, man I'm so hyped. After finding out just how great the controller is, I have so much faith in the build and performance of the console! 

ironmanDX said:
Yeah, the dual sense looks like a really well thought out and built controller. Would like to see impressions further down the line.

It certainly seems that way. I liked the PS1-3 controllers for what they were but always longed for Xbox 360's controller (honestly, I think it was a huge factor in why the 350 did so well). But the PS4 is probably my favourite controller of all time, and the PS5's controller looks like a perfect iteration on it, blending the best of the PS4 and XBO into one near-perfect controller. 

Early reviews have even mentioned it being the 'most next-gen of all they've seen so far', which might be pushing it a bit but I do think controller quality matters and this is knocking it outta the park. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of my PS5. The closer we get to launch, the more the hype is getting to me. Nothing about the systems made me feel. Like a new generation was starting... But that changed in the last week or 2.

It's finally starting to look and feel like a new console generation is happening.