By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Viva Piñata: Pocket Paradise is on the way to Nintendo DS

Source: http://mundorare.com/news/2008/04/viva-pinata-pocket-paradise-is-on-the-way-to-nintendo-ds/

Viva Piñata: Pocket Paradise is on the way to Nintendo DS

THQ repeats as Rare's publisher for this new handheld game

Ever have to tell someone the good news followed by the bad news? We’ve all had that told to us at least once in our lives. Today it’ll be MundoRare’s duty.

Good news: If this BBFC link is legit (and all signs point to it), Viva Piñata DS is now renamed Viva Piñata: Pocket Paradise. Kinky and a half.

Bad news: THQ’s publishing it if this is true.

“But hey guys,” you may ask. “Why is this bad? I loved Bratz: Rock Angelz!” Well, THQ published the four Rare titles that were announced in 2001. Banjo-Pilot aside, BK: Grunty’s Revenge failed to sell despite the Banjo name, Sabre Wulf was hard to find, and It’s Mr. Pants wasn’t even sold in some parts of the world. Combine that with the absolute lack of promotion of any of the titles, and you can see why Viva Piñata: Pocket Paradise might be that title that doesn’t sell. Or that title that can’t be found. Or hell, that title that won’t even be sold in a country where games are sold like hotcakes! Who knows when it comes to THQ?

MundoRare will let you know more about this Pocket Paradise as it comes; but in the meantime, you may want to check out the complete gallery of screenshots that are already available.

Around the Network

Source: http://mundorare.com/news/2008/04/viva-pinata-pocket-paradise-is-on-the-way-to-nintendo-ds/

Viva Piñata: Pocket Paradise is on the way to Nintendo DS

THQ repeats as Rare's publisher for this new handheld game

Ever have to tell someone the good news followed by the bad news? We’ve all had that told to us at least once in our lives. Today it’ll be MundoRare’s duty.

Good news: If this BBFC link is legit (and all signs point to it), Viva Piñata DS is now renamed Viva Piñata: Pocket Paradise. Kinky and a half.

Bad news: THQ’s publishing it if this is true.

“But hey guys,” you may ask. “Why is this bad? I loved Bratz: Rock Angelz!” Well, THQ published the four Rare titles that were announced in 2001. Banjo-Pilot aside, BK: Grunty’s Revenge failed to sell despite the Banjo name, Sabre Wulf was hard to find, and It’s Mr. Pants wasn’t even sold in some parts of the world. Combine that with the absolute lack of promotion of any of the titles, and you can see why Viva Piñata: Pocket Paradise might be that title that doesn’t sell. Or that title that can’t be found. Or hell, that title that won’t even be sold in a country where games are sold like hotcakes! Who knows when it comes to THQ?

MundoRare will let you know more about this Pocket Paradise as it comes; but in the meantime, you may want to check out the complete gallery of screenshots that are already available.

Good. This is what Microsoft needs to do with more Rare/Mistwalker titles. Get a little bit of franchise fanbase going on the DS and then try to rope people in to picking up the 360 for the main titles.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

bump

i can see a game like viva pinata going well with the DS' stylus controll, well done.

Around the Network

why Viva Piñata i would rather have an banjo spin off title for the ds

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

I wouldn't be surprised to see a Banjo spinoff in early 2009.

Who cares about the game, this may mean more rare games, which means another DKC sequal.

@ Starcraft and Sherlock

Oh yes a banjo spinoff would be awesome

i hope is happens pichu_pichu *fingers cross*

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99