By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Movies that could USE a reboot/remake

That's hard to say, if the movie was good, don't touch it. If the movie was bad, why want to watch it again in a different version. But sure, if it was a bad adaptation of its source material then try again. So, nr.1, fix I, robot.

Around the Network

I honestly wouldnt want a remake of the sequel trilogy of Star Wars, they might as well just move on and do something not related to the Skywalker saga. A trilogy about the Old Republic and Darth Revan for instance would be awesome, just dont include JJ Abrahams in the project. 

As for the topic itself, Eragon. The source material is great, the movie was just awful.
A Spawn reboot in Animated format would be welcomed. I dont know if this franchise translates well to Live Action.
Constantine remake. I liked the Keanu film, but it had almost nothing to do with the comic character.

Thats all I can think of at the moment, I dont like when they remake classic films that were already great to begin with.

Even though it's something of a cult favorite, I'd be open to seeing a modern day take on Rollerball with updated cinematography and visuals, which were limited at the time of the original's release, but they kinda already burned that bridge with the godawful 2002 remake.

What's funny is: John McTiernan supposedly turned down the original much better script because it didn't focus enough on the titular game and made the writer pen a new script completely from scratch, which probably explains it turning out as bad (read: awful) as it did: at that point, the writer probably just said "fuck it" and threw shit at the wall to see what sticks.

But yeah, John McTiernan, director of Die Hard and Predator directed the Rollerball remake, let that sink in.

KLAMarine said:
Spawn reboot would be sweet! Spawn's a cool hero.

Yup, hopefully done right this time. Hard R, horror-focused. I still can't understand for the life of me why Todd McFarlane agreed to dumbing down the '97 movie, I mean, that's like trying to cut Pulp Fiction or the Saw sequels into PG-13 movies, it's just not gonna happen. Even the so-called "R-rated cut" on DVD/Blu-Ray, you can tell it was made to be PG-13 with how goofy Violator is, so it doesn't help much (I've seen the "Director's Cut" and it's still really hurt by them dumbing it down).

This guy gets it.

The entire DC universe? It seems like this whole iteration of DC movies is collapsing, just let it burn and start over with somebody that has a better long term vision for them. Next time, don’t rush them all together, but build up to it. They should use marvel as an example. It doesn’t need to copy marvel, they can and should chart their own path, but marvel is a good example of how to build a good, sustainable universe for the long term.

Around the Network
KLAMarine said:
Spawn reboot would be sweet! Spawn's a cool hero.

That's actually in the works. I saw a video of Todd McFarlane months ago talking about how he's trying to finalize the script.

I would love to see Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children get remade with the new look from game remake. I don't think this type of movie remake has ever been done before.

Probably the movies that deserve a remake/reboot the most are movies that nobody knows they even exist. So many B movies with good ideas and poor execution...

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.