By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How big of a gap skill wise is Nintendo players and Sony players?certain genres I play ?

ask the melee crowd

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

The OP is incomprehensible. Judging by the thread title, if it WAS comprehensible, it would be a platform for a lot of generalizations and console warring.

That's a packed OP .
The gap of skill is very dependable on the genre itself and the ages that play said genres,if you play an online game against a nintendo gamer as a playstation gamer i assume there is a higher chance the nintendo player is lesser experienced,was that the question?

Die Hard 3 > Die Hard 2.

dx11332sega said:
But guys dont take my opinion as fact just observation from my favorite genres like fighting games and racing and shmups. I'm sorry for my observation I didn't mean it as fact just an observation from my perspective.

No need to apologize. Honestly, I could have been a lot more constructive with my first post. And instead of predicting the topic going off rails, I could have helped contribute to a thoughtful discussion.

So, with that said...I would guess that folks who flock to Sony systems are probably more experienced and competitive with sports games, racing sims, shooters, and 1v1 fighters.

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
dx11332sega said:

My first language is spanish. My parents talk to me in spanish all the time so my english is drastically limited and I'm an introvert and I'm one of their 2 sons and my dad died I only have my mom and she really hates english 

I see. Um, sorry for your dad. You're pretty good at mentioning tragic stuff like it's casual talk. Hope everything's fine over there with the rats.

If what you meant with this thread was that there's a skill gap between the Nintendo playerbase and Sony playerbase, well, I can't say I agree with that, but what I can say for sure is that Dark Souls players are wusses compared to Tetris players.

The souls fanbase is known for having a bunch of players that like to dictate to others how to play the game in what they find is the best way yes, and that to the point of getting mad about it.

This is a lot of generalizations and nonsense. Should I just ask who had more Skill between SEGA console owners and SNK Console owners in fighting games in the 90s? That would be more comparable. This seems like trying to throw shade on people who play Nintendo are less skilled than PS players? Eh what? This topic has so many problems I am not sure where to begin. It just depends on the genre and how familiar a person is with each genre.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

dx11332sega said:
Immersiveunreality said:
That's a packed OP .
The gap of skill is very dependable on the genre itself and the ages that play said genres,if you play an online game against a nintendo gamer as a playstation gamer i assume there is a higher chance the nintendo player is lesser experienced,was that the question?

Yeah that's what I mean 

Ok nice.

If i ever said something edgy(irritated) as a response to a serious question of yourself that i did not understand well enough then i apologize , i have experienced that language barrier too and still have it on some aspects.

Uhhhh, what?
I’m just as skilled at Ghosts of Tsushima as I am at Breath of the Wild. I’m just as skilled at Super Mario Odyssey as I am at Last of Us 2.As are countless others. And I’m just as skilled at Persona 5 Royal as I am at Xenoblade Chronicles.
You’re as good at the game you wanna play as the time you spend on it.

This is my take on things.

For those who could master the N64 controller, by that I mean holding it correctly for the different types of games that either relied on dpad or the joystick), seem to adopt well and quicker to games on all platforms.

Those that whinge the controller on modern console X sucks are generally the ones who don't play as well as all the controllers these days are standard design with slight variances.

As for genres that may not be so prominent on a Nintendo console, The learning curve is def bigger for them if they were to go pick up from say game number 4, then someone who has played the first 3, but if they are a skilled gamer they will figure it out quickly and once they do should be close to on par with someone who has played it.

As for younger generations, honestly I cannot comment as I don't know people from that era. But i would suspect they be better at COD than older people but older people be better at games from the NES/SNES era that required a lot of twitch reactions with your fingers.