By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Who really dominates the Video Game Industry ?

Neither.

Domination implies a degree of influence that allows one to do whatever they want essentially. I don't think either company has that, nor would I want either company to.

Around the Network
KingJames said:
Other than the 7th console generation, every gen since the third (NES gen) has had a definitive winner.

3rd- NES
4th- SNES
5th- PS1
6th- PS2
8th- PS4

The 7th gen did have a definitive winner. 

Wii outsold PS3 by 14 million units and 360 by almost 16 million. 

That's not within margin of error, it's a clear cut victory.

KingJames said:
Other than the 7th console generation, every gen since the third (NES gen) has had a definitive winner.

3rd- NES
4th- SNES
5th- PS1
6th- PS2
8th- PS4

Switch has no possibility of winning a generation due to releasing during the middle of one. We all know Nintendo is the face of handheld gaming (non mobile). Sony has become console king. Long story short, both have a pretty equal legacy in gaming history if you ask me.

Welcome to VGChartz, allow me to help:

Raven said:
KingJames said:

3rd- NES
4th- SNES
5th- PS1
6th- PS2
8th- PS4

Switch has no possibility of winning a generation due to releasing during the middle of one. We all know Nintendo is the face of handheld gaming (non mobile). Sony has become console king. Long story short, both have a pretty equal legacy in gaming history if you ask me.

Welcome to VGChartz, allow me to help:

Certain set of fans still can't believe Gen 7 happened. It was so traumatic that it was erased from memory.