By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Mobile version of VGChartz

Something changed here recently and I lost the ability to view the mobile version of VGChartz. When I visit this site it shows me the desktop version. It’s a pain to get to the forums and reading posts requires scrolling left to right to get through each sentence. 

Is it a choice that need to reactivate or did VGC loose the mobile look for smart phones?

Around the Network

Never mind, I just was lazy and now found the link at the bottom that lets me switch it.

Thanks for the heads up. Was having this same issue this week and just thought it was Firefox mobile's problematic redesign.

I hate the mobile version. The web version is so much easier to navigate on a phone for me.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

I'm having the same problem and I'm not able to find the link. Even when I choose "mobile version" it's still the desktop version.

Around the Network
padib said:
d21lewis said:
I'm having the same problem and I'm not able to find the link. Even when I choose "mobile version" it's still the desktop version.

At the risk of sounding dumb, have you tried unchecking "Request desktop site" in your mobile browser's settings?

What browser are you using and on what device?

Another qtn, do you see the Vgchartz Ltd at the bottom of the page? Do you see the link on your laptop/PC?

I'm using the "Free Adblocker Browser" from Rocketshield. Been using it for years. Something changed in the past couple of days. I actually am using the mobile version (switching to desktop is even smaller!) but everything is so small now and it's showing me things I used to only see in the desktop version. I have to zoom in and scroll to read text and when I reply, everything is so small that I can't even see what I'm writing. Quoting is fine.

It's still fine on my tablet. Nothing changed at all, there.

I use Android on both.

*Droid Moto Z Force and Samsung Galaxy Tab

Shiken said:
I hate the mobile version. The web version is so much easier to navigate on a phone for me.

Me neither. I mostly visit and comment on VGC on mobile, but I always use the desktop version. Everything's too big on the mobile version and you need to scroll down until infinity, plus usually it misses loads of features, though I'm not sure if that also goes for VGC mobile version as I haven't looked into it enough. This goes for every site out there though, first thing I do if something goes to a mobile version I look where to switch back to a desktop version.

padib said:
d21lewis said:

I'm using the "Free Adblocker Browser" from Rocketshield. Been using it for years. Something changed in the past couple of days. I actually am using the mobile version (switching to desktop is even smaller!) but everything is so small now and it's showing me things I used to only see in the desktop version. I have to zoom in and scroll to read text and when I reply, everything is so small that I can't even see what I'm writing. Quoting is fine.

It's still fine on my tablet. Nothing changed at all, there.

I use Android on both.

*Droid Moto Z Force and Samsung Galaxy Tab

Hey, I went to sleep ;) did you try just a regular browsing session on Chrome on your android smartphone? It could be the form factor or it could be the special browser. Is it giving the same result on both smartphones?

Haven't tried it yet but I will. I use the Free Adblocker Browser because the others have (had? 🤔) so many ads and redirects that the site was impossible to use. I'll let you know how it goes.

And it might just be the app. They're selling the ability to change the way text appears (I guess that's the best way to put it) as a premium feature. I don't recall that being an option before.

d21lewis said:
padib said:

Hey, I went to sleep ;) did you try just a regular browsing session on Chrome on your android smartphone? It could be the form factor or it could be the special browser. Is it giving the same result on both smartphones?

Haven't tried it yet but I will. I use the Free Adblocker Browser because the others have (had? 🤔) so many ads and redirects that the site was impossible to use. I'll let you know how it goes.

And it might just be the app. They're selling the ability to change the way text appears (I guess that's the best way to put it) as a premium feature. I don't recall that being an option before.

I totally agree this site is unusable without an adblocker. If I were you I would try Firefox for android and add an extension like ublock origin free. I imagine it’s harder to block adds on an Android since google is primarily an advertisement company. 

This should have been a PSA when someone makes a change like this

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850