By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Is Microsoft about to announce the purchase of Sega?

The won't, feel free to quote me.

Around the Network
Leynos said:
yvanjean said:

When as blue ever been a controller launch color; especially calling Shock Blue?!?

LOL all this aside ... that shock blue controller is pretty cool. I want one!

I want to say Nintendo 64. I believe they had other colors at launch. It also was very close to SEGA blue.

Sorry, I meant from Xbox ... blue is not a color they really push especially at launch. It's very strange the three official colors of the Xbox Series Controller are Black, White, and Blue. 

Seem to me there might be a Sega partnership bring more Sega games to Game Pass and maybe a Sonic theme console in Japan. 

Why would Microsoft enter the pachinko, pachislot, arcade, toys, animation and theme park business? Why would Sammy Corp split there business up to sell it it to a software company? That would be commericial suicide.

Ryotsu said:
No

https://www.hobbyconsolas.com/noticias/xbox-desmiente-rumores-microsoft-no-va-comprar-sega-723323

This post and link is getting ignored. MS has said no they are not. Done. End of rumor.

Besides do people really think MS wants to run a Toy Company? Hotels? Pachinko? SEGA/Sammy is a holding company that would take years to separate. There is no chance of MS buying SEGA.

Last edited by Leynos - on 23 September 2020

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

I don’t care anymore. Whatever happens, happens. Still better that MS buys than Sony. Sony will just keep it for themselves and force you to pay 10$ dollars more for each game, while with MS it is atleast guaranteed to come to two platforms (PC/Xbox). And you have Gamepass on top of that, which good value. So yeah, if any of those two is buying, I rather it be MS. But hopefully, there will be a long break before the next purchase.

I am a Nintendo fanatic.

Around the Network
Leynos said:
Ryotsu said:
No

https://www.hobbyconsolas.com/noticias/xbox-desmiente-rumores-microsoft-no-va-comprar-sega-723323

This post and link is getting ignored. MS has said no they are not. Done. End of rumor.

Besides do people really think MS wants to run a Toy Company? Hotels? Pachinko? SEGA/Sammy is a holding company that would take years to separate. There is no chance of MS buying SEGA.

That is actually the biggest surprise of going to Japan ... the most common video game brand you see visibly is actually Sega not Sony or Nintendo. 

Walking around Tokyo the first building I recognized was a big building with a Sega blue logo on it because it was a Sega owned arcade. 

No, but I think there will be a partnership.

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)