Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Is Microsoft about to announce the purchase of Sega?

Rafie said:
Hmmm...that's interesting. I'm still not so sure about an acquisition. A partnership I could see. They really trying to get games like Persona and stuff on the XBox. I didn't think the core Xbox gamer really cared about Japanese games like that.

Bringing the Yakuza franchise to Game Pass and how popular it was with Xbox gamers was a shock to Sega. Recently Xbox and Sega have renewed their partnership, I think you're right about this being the forthcoming of a new partnership between the two companies. 

Tommy Jean, CPA, CGA

Around the Network

No. SEGA is a brand merged with Sammy. Sammy runs hotels across the world. They run arcades and manufacture pachinko machines. SEGA is inseparable from Sammy.

Btw have you ever used a paint tool? Move the dropper over a few pixels and it's a different blue.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

yvanjean said:
Rafie said:
Hmmm...that's interesting. I'm still not so sure about an acquisition. A partnership I could see. They really trying to get games like Persona and stuff on the XBox. I didn't think the core Xbox gamer really cared about Japanese games like that.

Bringing the Yakuza franchise to Game Pass and how popular it was with Xbox gamers was a shock to Sega. Recently Xbox and Sega have renewed their partnership, I think you're right about this being the forthcoming of a new partnership between the two companies. 

Oh yeah that's right. The Yakuza games. I totally forgot about that. Not to mention the timed exclusive next gen launch for the newest entry. That may have been the tip of the iceberg. Yakuza should be on all consoles though. I believed it was on the Wii, but I'm not sure. 

PSN ID- Rafie27

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

No

https://www.hobbyconsolas.com/noticias/xbox-desmiente-rumores-microsoft-no-va-comprar-sega-723323

yvanjean said:

When as blue ever been a controller launch color; especially calling Shock Blue?!?

LOL all this aside ... that shock blue controller is pretty cool. I want one!

I want to say Nintendo 64. I believe they had other colors at launch. It also was very close to SEGA blue.

Around the Network

I just don't see the acquisition happening with Sega. All I want to see from Sega right now is an announcement of the Dreamcast 2 and another Time Crisis. I know it's wishful thinking, but I can dream!

PSN ID- Rafie27

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Rafie said:
yvanjean said:

Oh yeah that's right. The Yakuza games. I totally forgot about that. Not to mention the timed exclusive next gen launch for the newest entry. That may have been the tip of the iceberg. Yakuza should be on all consoles though. I believed it was on the Wii, but I'm not sure. 

Rafie said:
yvanjean said:

Wii U. Yakuza 7 is out on PS4 in Japan. Out on PS4 in the west in November. Both next-gen consoles are BC with previous systems so that "next-gen exclusive" means literally nothing. Take your PS4 copy and play on PS5. Same thing.

Side note not sure why it quoted twice. Oh and Time Crisis is a Namco IP.

I hope not, I want multiplats to stay like that.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Leynos said:
Rafie said:

Wii U. Yakuza 7 is out on PS4 in Japan. Out on PS4 in the west in November. Both next-gen consoles are BC with previous systems so that "next-gen exclusive" means literally nothing. Take your PS4 copy and play on PS5. Same thing.

Yeah I you're right about the timed next gen exclusive thing. Oh and thank you for the correction about Yakuza being on Wii U and Time Crisis being Namco. I don't know what game I was thinking about from Sega that's in that realm. Not House of The Dead or anything. OOOOOHH Just thought about it. It was Binary Domain. 

PSN ID- Rafie27

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Rafie said:
Leynos said:

Yeah I you're right about the timed next gen exclusive thing. Oh and thank you for the correction about Yakuza being on Wii U and Time Crisis being Namco. I don't know what game I was thinking about from Sega that's in that realm. Not House of The Dead or anything. OOOOOHH Just thought about it. It was Binary Domain. 

Let's all get a Binary Domain 2 and VanQuish 2. Absolute fave TPS games of last gen!