By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My project is complete: 8-Bit Mario and 8-Bit Super Star Pool Mosaics!

I decided to create two mosaics in honor of the Super Mario Bros. 35th anniversary...and put them in my pool! Here's Mario jumping for a Super Star. :) I don't know if it's the first Mario pool mosaic in the world, but it's the first that I've seen. (Oh and sorry about the double post from earlier. Thank you to whoever cleaned it up.) I hope you all like how this turned out and have a fun weekend with Super Mario 3D All-Stars!

Around the Network

Nice work!
Mario 3 art?

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

That’s awesome.

Jumpin said:
Nice work!
Mario 3 art?

Thank you! I used the original 8-Bit Mario jump as the pixel count, but modernized the colors. I chose to go with beige hands instead of white gloves to both pay tribute to the original Mario color scheme from Super Mario Bros. and because white tile at the bottom of the pool would blend in too much with the plaster and reflect the blue sky. I appreciate it. :)

Last edited by PaulGaleNetwork - on 20 September 2020

S.Peelman said:
That’s awesome.

Thank you very much. I appreciate it! :)

Around the Network

This looks really cool, great job in creating it.

Now THAT'S a Mario superfan!

Nice job. Would it be a dick move to say that I would have liked to see a bit more tile artwork? Like maybe Luigi and a koopa, or Mario ans the star on the other side, upside down? I hope not. Again though, nicely done.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Azzanation said:
This looks really cool, great job in creating it.

Super Mario Pool Mosaic and Super Star Pool Mosaic by Paul Gale Network.jpg

Thank you very much!

Slownenberg said:
Now THAT'S a Mario superfan!

Thanks a lot. I'm also raising my kids up to be Super Mario fans!

COKTOE said:
Nice job. Would it be a dick move to say that I would have liked to see a bit more tile artwork? Like maybe Luigi and a koopa, or Mario ans the star on the other side, upside down? I hope not. Again though, nicely done.

Haha, I'm glad you like it! What I eventually plan on doing is creating a full scene. :) I want to wrap around my whole pool, so if I swim in circular laps, I can tap blocks, avoid Bloopers, tear through some Cheep Cheeps, and make my way to the Green Warp Pipe! Maybe I'll throw in some Legend of Zelda here and there or some other video game characters that I love. We'll see!